*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also doing chest tonight, along with Shoulders.

After reading the UE post on shoulders I now want to curl up into a ball and cry :D

Thanks for the post UE, will get onto those tonight as much as I can!

Every day is chest day ;)

For Shoulders, I've heard that cable raises are particularly good at isolating your delts. The problem with stuff like OHP and things is it will work your shoulders, but also, a lot of them will work traps and the such like.

As for diet. I know what I eat on a day to day basis from a nutritional perspective. Mostly because I eat the same thing on a day to day basis :) No, it's not the most interesting, but it is simple, and guarantees I hit my macros.

I tend to have a cheat day every week or two. Tends to be same day as rest day. Don't bother calculating on these days, just eat plenty of meat, a bit more fat, and normally aim for a slight reduction in carbs.

kd

My entry for chest Mondays :)

Fuark! chest and triceps totally destroyed...

Paused Bench
BAR
60x6
80x5
100x3
120x1
130x5 - no drama.
130x4 - Bloody hard work after the previous set. The 5th went up but with fingers on the bar from the spotter.

Normal Bench
100x8 - dat pump
105x8 - redonkulous pump.
105x5 - nothing left. The guy spotting me was trying to tell me how to breath...

Dips - really focused on pinching the shoulders back and down and keeping tension there.
BWx6
40x6 x3 - was hard after all the pressing before but cracked on.

Leg mobility.

Cheers UE, i dont have all the equipment available but for the parts it do ill give it ago, ill report back when im in agony:p

Its a shame you havent got it all, im assuming cable machine right? no lat tower? well if you tie a strap or rope to a plate and hold it by the strap you should be able to hold it behind you for the lateral raise. As for rear delts i guess just do some good old fashioned flyes.

But my real UE copywrite advice, stop treating your gym like its not important and buy a lat tower, lat tower £500 if your serious then that is a total pittence, if its completely out of the question unaffordable then why are you even lifting cos my food bill is bigger than that. But thats just me.

I'm also doing chest tonight, along with Shoulders.

After reading the UE post on shoulders I now want to curl up into a ball and cry :D

Thanks for the post UE, will get onto those tonight as much as I can!

Shoulders should suck m8 most people dont even realise they have worked em they deserve their own day too and see next response too

Damn UE, thats some shoulder routine! All I do is OHP, DB Press, DB Rows and BOR's. Seems to work fine though.. To each their own :)

OHP is good, DB press has questionable value in people without a good bench press as the triceps may be hit too hard, IIRC your no huge bencher (apologies if im wrong) and whats with all the back exercises?

Shoulders needs its own day OHP is the compound then try to hit all the deltoid heads as directly as possible. Your front delt work will help your bench your lateral work supports all upper body exercises and OHP's and your rear delt work will help everything back wise from rows to deads.

Shoulders are the linchpin region for the upper body the way the lower back is for lower body work. Plus good delts will make you look fan flipping tastic and get you respect too!

OHP is good, DB press has questionable value in people without a good bench press as the triceps may be hit too hard, IIRC your no huge bencher (apologies if im wrong) and whats with all the back exercises?

Shoulders needs its own day OHP is the compound then try to hit all the deltoid heads as directly as possible. Your front delt work will help your bench your lateral work supports all upper body exercises and OHP's and your rear delt work will help everything back wise from rows to deads.

Shoulders are the linchpin region for the upper body the way the lower back is for lower body work. Plus good delts will make you look fan flipping tastic and get you respect too!

Going good so far and hoping to beat my previous pb (80kg) soon if all goes well :). I think my shoulders are probably my strongest aspect compared to my other lifts. You're right, I'm not a huge bencher, but one day! Regarding the back works, I feel it helps stabilize the the weight before I push it up (if that makes sense), that I feel it needs some work too, so it gets added in as assistance work on some days.

Last edited:
Hey guys just posted a vid talking some rubbish about shoulders and showing some of the shoulder training exercises i talked about earlier, crummy vid sorry about that 1st bit is 90deg sideways but rest is corrected, focus is a bit crap too but does the job, sorry i ramble on and its a bit rushed. On the plus side at no point do i have to stick a needle in myself as is more common in my videos, so thats a plus!

https://vimeo.com/55316914

You will note im rocking maximum facial hair, and more worryingly my fringe is attempting to do a monkee time for a fuarking cut!

Hey guys just posted a vid talking some rubbish about shoulders and showing some of the shoulder training exercises i talked about earlier, crummy vid sorry about that 1st bit is 90deg sideways but rest is corrected, focus is a bit crap too but does the job, sorry i ramble on and its a bit rushed. On the plus side at no point do i have to stick a needle in myself as is more common in my videos, so thats a plus!

https://vimeo.com/55316914

You will note im rocking maximum facial hair, and more worryingly my fringe is attempting to do a monkee time for a fuarking cut!

Will get it watched pronto! Damn work PCs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom