*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deaload on deadlifts tonight. :mad:

Do you guys think I could go for a 18" Partial PB tonight or should I just take it easy? Just find deload weeks really boring and end up skipping them like I have in the past. :rolleyes:

Great video as always U_E, great idea using the straps for side laterals! Never thought of that and could potentially help a lot of the problems some people have with form

Only thing I will say is, some people debate whether you lose tension on a movement like side raises once your elbows go above your shoulder. Also, if people have terrible form, it's usually beyond that point, as there elbows stop moving and it's just their hands that are going higher so no longer doing anything for the shoulder. But, as with anything in this sport, everyones different, and if that works for you, then keep doing it. Those shoulders of yours suggest it is working :D

Shoulders should suck m8 most people dont even realise they have worked em they deserve their own day too and see next response too

Just using the cable machine to hit the 3 areas of depth last night was amazing !!!!!! Normally stick to DBs and you essentially cheat.

I wasn't even doing much weight, but my did my shoulders ache near the end of the set. Wow! :D

As an FYI, I had shoulder surgery a number of years ago (not a Delvis :p) so will never be able to go silly big with shoulder weights. Left shoulder felt weird last night in the the shower, almost like the collar bone had gone again, but it must have just been an ache and funny angle. Feel great today!!!!

I'm never sure whether to put pants on before watching your vids or not

Your arms and shoulders are huge dude mirin
First thing I noticed too, starting to look pretty huge now, assuming that's in no small part thanks to cutting? Impressive anyway.

Gonna try that lateral raise from behind when I do shoulders on thursday.

Screw that. I'd have normal food plus nandos :D

Weight seems to have bounced down again today, just under 82kg, will monitor and adjust

Yeah, but I'm going all out at Nandos :p

Not sure how much chicken I want to eat tonight, but a lot sums it up quite well :)

Edit: So glad you rotated the camera in the end on that UE. Looks pretty solid from a shoulder perspective. That uhm, exercise where you used the webbing. Looks a lot like something I've seen Phelps do... Give me a sec, and I'll try and find it.

Edit2:
Here we go (feel free to ignore the interview bit :p) About 41 seconds in for a clip, but 2:34 as well. Obviously he's driving with his legs as well, but the shoulders look like they should be activated in a similar way I'd imagine. Obviously it's still not something people would necessarily be able to do in the gym, but along the same kind of idea.
http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/ent/Elite_Athlete_Workouts/29779768

kd

Last edited:
Just using the cable machine to hit the 3 areas of depth last night was amazing !!!!!! Normally stick to DBs and you essentially cheat.

I wasn't even doing much weight, but my did my shoulders ache near the end of the set. Wow! :D

As an FYI, I had shoulder surgery a number of years ago (not a Delvis :p) so will never be able to go silly big with shoulder weights. Left shoulder felt weird last night in the the shower, almost like the collar bone had gone again, but it must have just been an ache and funny angle. Feel great today!!!!

Yeah its a real eye opener hitting the muscles individually plus they recover in plenty of time for the other days. If your hitting a ton of presses you wont necessarily recover as your traps and triceps will be hit hard.

First thing I noticed too, starting to look pretty huge now, assuming that's in no small part thanks to cutting? Impressive anyway.

Gonna try that lateral raise from behind when I do shoulders on thursday.

Ta m8 Going well, yeah dont think ive gained a lot really but im cycling carbs and cals so although im not stripping the fat at any ridiculous pace i may be getting some gains thanks to the drugs.

I'm never sure whether to put pants on before watching your vids or not

Your arms and shoulders are huge dude mirin

Never pants.

And thanks always be mirin.

Great video as always U_E, great idea using the straps for side laterals! Never thought of that and could potentially help a lot of the problems some people have with form

Only thing I will say is, some people debate whether you lose tension on a movement like side raises once your elbows go above your shoulder. Also, if people have terrible form, it's usually beyond that point, as there elbows stop moving and it's just their hands that are going higher so no longer doing anything for the shoulder. But, as with anything in this sport, everyones different, and if that works for you, then keep doing it. Those shoulders of yours suggest it is working :D

cheers m8, i agree my laterals shouldnt really be coming up so high but they hit the top of the tower that that point giving me a nice mental marker and since the force is lateral 45degrees as opposed to vertical 90deg as with a free weight, the reduction in load is small by comparison.

The strap laterals really have been a game changer for rear delt work, they get hit so damn hard

Last edited:
We used to regularly take a trip to nandos post gym, it's the sensible option :). With all the free chicken you can get a friend had two whole chicken once, just ate them without even blinking. He is about 5'9" and 73kg or so, he can eat more than anyone I have ever seen. He said he could probably take 3 before he got full :eek:.

A whole chicken is easy normally but the last time I went I barely finished half of it :(

Yooooooooooou son of a *****

:p

Ok, I'm done with the Delvisii jokes now :D

Yeah, but I'm going all out at Nandos :p

Platter with whole chicken, rice and corn on the cob, then finish with cheescake.

Standard affair when I went out with my hench brother and training mate :D

The serving woman was like.... A platter and cheesecake each :eek: Women :D

Yeah its a real eye opener hitting the muscles individually plus they recover in plenty of time for the other days. If your hitting a ton of presses you wont necessarily recover as your traps and triceps will be hit hard.

Ahh I see, I usually did DB PRess, Arnie PRess, Upright Row and S+F raises. Using the cablemachine shall be my staple shoulder diet for a while and I'll get using the BB OHP, although I'll practise the clean too as I've never really done that.

Shoulders are starting to feel a little sore, time for some stretching and one of my DIY meal replacement turd bars.

Tonights is Bi's, Forearms and Triceps followed by steady cardio. Legs tomorrow :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom