*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Chest soon :) Cannot wait!

Bench for 50KG at 3x8....Probably wont be able to do it going by last weeks session.

Then DB Incline Bench with 10's (New to these) Will see how things go

Caporegime
How much you increasing the weight per session?

2.5KG, so 1.25KG on each side usually :)

Chest Session for today:
Bench:
1 x 10 x Bar
1 x 2 x 40KG
1 x 1 x 45KG

Now, this was supposed to be 3x8, but heh.

2 x 8 x 50KG - These actually felt pretty good, no shoulder pain this weak, however I could feel my strength sapping away from me on rep 7 on set 2 :o

Then did 1 x 7 x 50KG...Had to stop for a sec...Then did 1 x 3 x 50KG.

DB Incline Press:
3 x 8 x 10KG (Each hand)

Can't wait for next week, certainly more in me there.

French Press:
3 x 10 x 17.5KG

CGBP:
3 x 10 x 25KG

Flys:
These were kinda disastrous, too much weight, need to work it up again.

1 x 7 x 10KG
1 x 6 x 9KG
2 x 10 x 7.5KG

Will see how my chest feels tomorrow.

Then finished off with some rowing on the ol cardio.

Associate
Oh, just saw this thread. My training has been very inconsistent the past year - blame medical school and lack of drive. -_-

My best lifts are from last year, and are 180(wraps)/102.5/200. Everything is about 10-15% down from that right now as I've only been training maybe 4-6 sessions a month for a while, with frequent breaks. From the end of February I'll be based at a hospital with a good gym for 10 weeks. I'll run a course of Starting Strength and Madcows to get back up to scratch, then I want to run a cycle of Smolov for squat and try to get close to 190-200kg.

Anyway, that's me filled in. Here's a vid from my previous PBs last year. :)

(squat might be a little high, and bench was touch and go, but deadlift looks clean)

Man of Honour
Your 180 squat looked better than your 160kg one! You're going easily low enough, though you need to keep your chest up more on the way back up IMO.

Deadlift nice double over hand grip. I approve :cool:

Good lifting dude.

Associate
Your 180 squat looked better than your 160kg one! You're going easily low enough, though you need to keep your chest up more on the way back up IMO.

Deadlift nice double over hand grip. I approve :cool:

Good lifting dude.

Well, I think that 160 was only my second ever time to wear wraps, and the first time in 2 months. It's always wobbly and weird for me when first wrapping up. I tried 185 after that 180 and it was a horrible fail. :D

Yeah, attempting to keep my chest up is what helped me to get to 180 in the first place, I always dropped forward. It's something that I've always worked on since then. But it does drop when going heavy.

Sadly my grip is nowhere near good enough for DOHing 200. But luckily my pain threshold is high enough to tolerate hook-gripping 200. I've hook-gripped a 220kg rack pull, and it wasn't too bad.

Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom