*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the gym if full of so called "roid afficionados" by which i assume you mean big mofo's, then chances are there is good kit there for training, because no matter how high their roid expertise, they still gotta be lifting some weight.

So many non-problems in your post. If you only need the gym for 4 weeks then use any gym where you can pay and go. Dont judge gyms that dont have ipod docks on everything and nice shiny paint jobs because many of the best gyms are the spit and sawdust root gyms that are all about hard work not poncy yuppies admiring their hair between humping medicine balls.

Try something new you might find the gym full of 'roiders' is actually a really interesting place to train.

This, I'd love it if there was a decent gym like that round here.

there often are Tom they just dont advertise have you asked around on places like muscletalk.co.uk? a lot of them are underground to keep the spacks out

There's a couple I've found but they're all a decent distance away considering I don't drive and have very little time in the evening to get to the gym anyway :( The closest is supposed to be a good gym with a few top competitors using it but it's still a fair distance and rammed all the time.

How much do you guys pay for your membership?

I'm currently on a £20 per month (www.better.org.uk) - it's more of a leisure center than a hardcore gym. Will probably stick here for the short term.

Virgin Active is £62 (?) and is right on my door step. Alternatively there's a hardcore gym 20 mins away which is £30 per month.

Nothing. I use the office gym. :D

68187_435728086481611_205449139_n.jpg

Does anyone pay much attention to the use-by date on MyProtein whey?

I've still got half of my 5kg bag left but it's about 5 months past the date. Tried some not so long ago and it still looks and tastes exactly the same.

Would you carry on using it or throw it in the bin?

Does anyone pay much attention to the use-by date on MyProtein whey?

I've still got half of my 5kg bag left but it's about 5 months past the date. Tried some not so long ago and it still looks and tastes exactly the same.

Would you carry on using it or throw it in the bin?

Crack on as long as it doesn't start smelling or tasting funny.

Not going to claim it as a PB as spotter had hands on at all times and I'm always unsure of how much help they are giving........

Bench :
I hate barbell bench. It hurts my forearms so rarely, if ever, do it.

Warm ups
70x10
110x5
140x3
At this point I was suprising myself so we moved on to singles.
150x1
155x1 - misloaded. Someone put a 25kg plate on the right side instead of a 20. 2 of us wondered why we pressed the right differently to left when both of our stronger arms are right lol
160x1 - PB!
170x1 (hands on from spotter. Felt heavier than the 160 so assuming not much help.
180xf
180x1 - easy down, grinding press with no sticking point. I think I had help from the spotter so not claiming this anything other than a "strongman PB" lol.

Can't believe I have PB'd on my bench, 160 boom. Time to get that working more to see how it helps my overhead.
Edit: 162kg as bar is our 22kg one!

It's well worth trying, I've tried pressing with a tricep bar but the hand spacing seems far better with a log.
Saw it being done by Jay Pateman and he will have the strongest shoulders in the UK soon while also pushing for natural bench records also.
So can't go wrong following his lead :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom