*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much do you guys pay for your membership?

I'm currently on a £20 per month (www.better.org.uk) - it's more of a leisure center than a hardcore gym. Will probably stick here for the short term.

Virgin Active is £62 (?) and is right on my door step. Alternatively there's a hardcore gym 20 mins away which is £30 per month.

£25 - DW in Aylesbury, best gym iv ever attended and half the price of all the others in Ox/bucks so its a no brainer really.
you need good equipment and a lot of it too, but I wouldnt ever pay £60+ for the pleasure.

Nice one Morba! 180 must have felt damn heavy to stabilise.
Shame you didn't get a video, would liked to have watch that.

Lowered 190 also, 160 upwards just felt completely different unracked. More upper back work needed and rear delts for stability. You feel the weight being let go by the spotter and my shoulders took a hammering lol.

I used to bench and superset with BORs to combat this but my rows are significantly weaker than my bench now it seems. Need to readdress this :)

Lowered 190 also, 160 upwards just felt completely different unracked. More upper back work needed and rear delts for stability. You feel the weight being let go by the spotter and my shoulders took a hammering lol.

I used to bench and superset with BORs to combat this but my rows are significantly weaker than my bench now it seems. Need to readdress this :)

Yep you certainly need a strong back to handle the bigger bench press numbers. I haven't gone above 160 so I don't know how I'd do.

Heh, just noticed something on these two websites....

http://www.kissgyms.com/
http://atlasfitnessgym.co.uk/

They have the same guy on the front page :D

Funny, because one is a hardcore gym and the other a more normal setup.

I am currently on my last week of a heavy cycle, next week will be a deload week, followed by a lazy christmas week, then the plan is for the next 5/6 weeks to massively increase fitness & muscular indurance.

Any ideas what route you would take to do this ?
I am thinking some kind of circuit based routine but am not as up to speed with circuit work as I am with normal strength/bodybuilding based routines, so not sure exactly what to do, although don't get me wrong I have the basic principles in mind.

I can't believe I never tried cottage cheese before, its like 180 calories a tub and around 30g of protein, what's the catch? All I can see is that it has a bit of sugar in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom