*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends how much you do. If you go full aggressive and get bruises then give it a little rest but I have managed everyday before without having any bad times.

It depends how much you do. If you go full aggressive and get bruises then give it a little rest but I have managed everyday before without having any bad times.

Every day here, too (rollers, hockey ball-type stuff, stretching). My soft tissue has reached a point where if I don't beat it up every day, it wonders what's wrong.

Saying that, I have a physio on site who doles out deep tissue massage, and I don't think I could deal with that on a daily basis. Too much screaming.

Brah

Your blog is the worst advert for gear ever

"Oh....this is an interesting read...hmmm the updates seem to be coming slower and slower, hope he's ok......oh.........RIP, looks like he's dead. Well thats that, no gear for me"

Brah

Your blog is the worst advert for gear ever

"Oh....this is an interesting read...hmmm the updates seem to be coming slower and slower, hope he's ok......oh.........RIP, looks like he's dead. Well thats that, no gear for me"

no no i got so ripped im too busy smashing sexy women and being fawned over and adored to bother posting. Gear = win

Whoop, 110 x 5 on squat and deads today. This is going to be painful in 2 days!

Going to need to reconsider my routine to mix things up a bit. Very pleased with how the legs are going with a 5x5 routine. Upper body is progressing reasonably well, but I've been focusing more on the legs of late. This has had a reasonable effect in the mirror and some interval training has helped this. I suppose I'm not sure how long to continue going down the strong lifts type routine rather than moving to a more fitness based workout with something like 4 x 12 with lighter weights.

I also need to man up and get down the gym more!

BOOOM!

Easily my best ever gym session, what a feeling!!!

Was about to do my 4th and last set on Cable Pull Down when I suddenly spied a rack free......OMG, no one on it!!!!! One of only 2 racks in our massive Pure Gym (only x2 Olympic bars).... :(

Jumped up, got over there sharpish and took the beloved Chest/Bi monkey Olympic bar. Set myself up in the middle of the floor behind the 8 benches with guys doing chest/shoulders and proceeded to load her up..... 20s? Nah, let's start with a few 25s.

Cheeky warmup 12 reps completed, now time to start lifting. Bear in mind I've never done a Deadlift 1RM due to my old back injury (balcony, backwards, nearly paralysing myself, x3 crushed vertebrae the night before Rugby World Cup Final 2003 ;)), which is mainly just fear and worry. Never deadlifted above 90Kg which I normally do 8x4 and many a time offshore on a rocking Oil Rig.

90Kg was simple today, 10 reps easily done. Then realised I had about 10 guys watching me deadlifting, mostly Bi/Chest beasts and a few others. Thought '**** it, lets DO IT!' so put on 110kg and proceeded to do 2 more sets of 8 reps. Some of their shocked expressions were great to see and just spurred me on even more. Who knows a lanky boyo could do that, it's not all about how big you look ;)

Not deadlifted in about 3/4 weeks and had a heavy week of work and christmas drinking. It's a pity I'm off to Thailand on Friday for Christmas (well actually it's not a pity at all), as otherwise I could probably do 115Kg next week with ease. Oh well, Beach Villas, cocktails, and an amazing christmas will have to do.

Looking forward to 2013 and really pushing up to some of the frankly excellent lifts you guys have been hitting!!!! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom