*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how you came to that conclusion...

I came to that conclusion because when I deadlifted 190kg last week my eyeballs nearly popped out haha :D

He was repping them easy. He was still going when I left and seemingly adding more weight.

The jerky shrugging movement looked far too dodgy to me though, seemed to be asking for a one way ticket to snap city :P

I came to that conclusion because when I deadlifted 190kg last week my eyeballs nearly popped out haha :D

He was repping them easy. He was still going when I left and seemingly adding more weight.

The jerky shrugging movement looked far too dodgy to me though, seemed to be asking for a one way ticket to snap city :P

what lie is pointing out is that altho relative to some peoples lifts, 180 for easy reps may seem big, it in no way denotes an expert, many many people could walk in a gym and comfortably lift 160-180, and with a year of the most awful awful crap training and maximuscle shakes i have no doubt a big lad would be pulling 240 250 for reps. None of this means he knows what he is doing. Now if he was repping 300 well maybe then you can suggest he has a clue. Lots of people explode at the top of the rep as it suddenly becomes easier. Is it good? no not really. Will it do you harm? Maybe but so could a lot of things.

I think there is great value to front squats, they aren't relevant to my training goals though. For most athletic purposes however, they are basically essential.

I don't really like that guy very much though. He's better than most, but he's kind of only almost right.

For example, I'm training a guy with massive movement dysfunction at the moment. Primarily using the back squat and related movements, I have fixed his spinal dysfunction in 3 weeks (the guys who came to Oxford on Saturday will have met the guy). I have also corrected my own hyperlordosis by doing the same.

Woah just got to the end of the video... what he's saying about pushing out/sucking in your abs is completely wrong. Do neither, instead learn to BRACE.

Totally just deadlifted 100KG. Of course very light for nearly everyone in here but for me it's a big deal and a mental barrier - only 3 weeks ago I was amazed to lift 85! Feels like I've properly got the feel of form now and took a couple of videos. Even at the limit of my strength form is pretty spot on, what a treat.

Really looking forward to next year. Imma gone be all over the gainz.

Last edited:
^and this!

Unless you use Christmas as a reason to take 3 weeks off...

p.s. I'm going to be bored out of my tiny mind over Christmas so I'm invading your gym.

Feels good to crack a barrier well done Zefan.

I cannot believe how good I was at peak form around 8 months ago. I managed to do 5 sets of 6 dead hanging pull-ups with chin over the bar, with pretty generous rests I may add! Now? I'm lucky to do one :D

Really pleased for you Zefan, know exactly what you mean about breaking barriers :)

I will be 100% strict in eating enough protein and calories over Xmas, and training will barely be interrupted.

My diet is easy to maintain, i will just eat the same but most likely even more of it.

Now where my mince pies at..
Christmas Back Loading.
Totally just deadlifted 100KG. Of course very light for nearly everyone in here but for me it's a big deal and a mental barrier - only 3 weeks ago I was amazed to lift 85! Feels like I've properly got the feel of form now and took a couple of videos. Even at the limit of my strength form is pretty spot on, what a treat.

Really looking forward to next year. Imma gone be all over the gainz.
:cool:
p.s. I'm going to be bored out of my tiny mind over Christmas so I'm invading your gym.
Yes!

i have weekends off diet anyway so ill jsut move it on to the mon/tue/weds altho i often wonder what the fuss is about, apart from booze its just a nice balanced christmas dinner. Gluten keeps me off the cakes which i dont like anyway. I might have some pate but alcohol aside on christmas day ill probs be using shakes to bring up the cals tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom