*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
shame he's only a week fella if he'd been taller i bet he'd have won at least one worlds strongest at open weight.

Annoys me that so many brits look at strongman equipment like you have just given them a flux capacitor, no skill with the equipment, no technique, i dont get it they can be stupid surely :(

yeah its a odd one as most of the top guys, terry,laurence,felix have there own gear they can train with, id imagine eddie halls got some he can use as well.

not sure how the rest of the world goes on with the work/strongman balance but i think a lot of ours still work a 40 hour week and train when they can so maybe a lack of general reps ?

yeah its a odd one as most of the top guys, terry,laurence,felix have there own gear they can train with, id imagine eddie halls got some he can use as well.

not sure how the rest of the world goes on with the work/strongman balance but i think a lot of ours still work a 40 hour week and train when they can so maybe a lack of general reps ?

Its a huge issue, no funding its a shame, the yanks will get a little more and they can do a lot at youth/college level to start on a nice base, over here no one is jacked at 18 over here.

Eddie hall said on camera in the first session that he'd never done any strongman and would 'learn as he goes' its crazy

i think its the same issue as olympic style lifting, theres just not enough info out there and unless your lucky enough to be near a proper gym with actual qualified trainers.

would be nice if schools introduced olympic lifting classes at say 13 or 14 years old even if its just taster sessions and then anyone who wants to carry it on can do a after school club or something.

after watching our lifters at the olympic's sure they did good for british lifters but dear lord compared to the rest of the world we are years behind.

Proper weight training education at school level would do wonders for this countries general health. While we're at it can have a PSA on how to use motorways aswell.

Anything training/diet related in education would work wonders.

PE when I was at school was shocking, hopefully the Olympics has boosted it somewhat for a while.

yeah cant have the wee nippers getting bumps and scrapes, hell we had A rugby lesson then the headmaster banned it as it was too rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom