*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Oh, just saw this thread. My training has been very inconsistent the past year - blame medical school and lack of drive. -_-

My best lifts are from last year, and are 180(wraps)/102.5/200. Everything is about 10-15% down from that right now as I've only been training maybe 4-6 sessions a month for a while, with frequent breaks. From the end of February I'll be based at a hospital with a good gym for 10 weeks. I'll run a course of Starting Strength and Madcows to get back up to scratch, then I want to run a cycle of Smolov for squat and try to get close to 190-200kg.

Anyway, that's me filled in. Here's a vid from my previous PBs last year. :)

(squat might be a little high, and bench was touch and go, but deadlift looks clean)
Great lifts! Seems we're getting a few more big lifters joining in too :cool:

I take it from your wording that you've done some comps...? What fed(s)?
I was about to rethink my approach to grip :D DOH grip 200 would have been immense :)

I have to switch to mixed at the 160-170 mark, I try for more but it always ends up in a loud bang :D
I've done DOH up to 200kg with a fat bar :p my grip strength jumped massively last year.

Man of Honour
Ever since being beaten up :)o) I've used this as an excuse to not go to the gym despite having mostly recovered. I could have gone after work on several days but I have got lazy and out of routine.

I think I'm going to have to man up and start again on Saterday - give me some motivation!

Caporegime
Ever since being beaten up :)o) I've used this as an excuse to not go to the gym despite having mostly recovered. I could have gone after work on several days but I have got lazy and out of routine.

I think I'm going to have to man up and start again on Saterday - give me some motivation!

Do you have a routine you're going to follow? If you can plan out some short term goals it will help :)

Man of Honour
Do you have a routine you're going to follow? If you can plan out some short term goals it will help :)

I usually go at least 6 times a week! I've just got lazy.

It's very hard when you are working (as opposed to being a student bum) to keep such a routine up. You really savour free time after work.

Soldato
I usually go at least 6 times a week! I've just got lazy.

It's very hard when you are working (as opposed to being a student bum) to keep such a routine up. You really savour free time after work.

I tend to get up 2 hours before work and do my SL 5x5 fasted. Then atleast when I finish, I dont have to worry about doing any training; I can just relax :D

Associate
Ergh, early morning training. Fasted. **** that. Unless you're just dieting, how can one make any serious strength progress doing that?

Soldato
Ergh, early morning training. Fasted. **** that. Unless you're just dieting, how can one make any serious strength progress doing that?

www.leangains.com - Have a read there SMed :) If you're in to your medical science, you might be interested in the studies linked as well!

This :). I've been following it for awhile now and suits my lifestyle and work shifts perfectly.

Associate
Recently when i've been doing deadlifts (120kg) I get a kinda pins and needle feeling down my left forearm.

It then happens when im doing pullups too after doing deadlifts/other heavy weighted exercises that involve my forearms.

Does anyone else experiance this - am I best easing off the heavy weights for a week or two?

Also - Whens the best time to take omega3 supplments? Im taking 3 just before bed currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom