*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it! :D

I'm not fast any more. One of my constant goals is to fix my calves and get out on the track again. In fact, tonight I will graston my calves.

I only just got under 12s at 17. (11.93s). Still, I was outside centre and 14st at the time - which was pretty good I thought. All my training was focused around speed, and power - but we didn't focus as much on weights as people do now (if only people knew the truth) - mainly focussing on plyometric training. Then when I Got to uni, I dabbled with the gym, but it was 2x a week just using machines and not really having a clue. Then I started taking rugby seriously again in my mid to late 20s and really started to learn a lot, studied a stupid amount - and still learning every day. That's why I love this sport so much. :)

Not sure of the best place to post so gonna go with here, and move to a better thread if required.

A few times while deadlifting, and very occasionally squatting I have had a pinching/sudden tightness/burning in my lower right abdominal area. The main cause appears to be when I may have over tightened my belt.
This morning I got the pinching feeling on my first pull of 130, stopped the set, loosened the belt off a hole and everything was fine for the rest of my deadlifting.

A bit of soft tissue work this evening and the area is tender, probably around the size of a 50p 6 inches below my belly button and about 2inches over.

Doing a bit of DIY research often brings up some scary results, In this case I am getting a lot of hernia related topics, which don't look pleasant :(

Has anyone else suffered similar pain/sensation to this, any advice?

No idea what that is, but I imagine if it was a hernia you'd probably know right away. If the belt being too tight is causing the problem, then perhaps look at the way you're bracing or stick with it being looser.

Possibly a hernia. Go to a doctor and let them examine it to find out!

Anything more helpful then this??

Theres no swelling, no bulging, and it is occasional not constant, and not triggered every time I Deadlift, I would assume once firstexpeeienced if it was a hernia, it wouldnt subside like this has for me?

LiE, I plan on staying with it being loser, wondering if I possibly have a muscle tear, as the area does feel a little rougher then the other side, kinda like scar tissue, but again it's only a fine difference so really not sure.

Syla get it looked at asap. Don't take risks with weird stuff like that.

Consider that it could be pretty serious, a friend of mine had a hernia for a year without realising.

Not sure of the best place to post so gonna go with here, and move to a better thread if required.

A few times while deadlifting, and very occasionally squatting I have had a pinching/sudden tightness/burning in my lower right abdominal area. The main cause appears to be when I may have over tightened my belt.
This morning I got the pinching feeling on my first pull of 130, stopped the set, loosened the belt off a hole and everything was fine for the rest of my deadlifting.

A bit of soft tissue work this evening and the area is tender, probably around the size of a 50p 6 inches below my belly button and about 2inches over.

Doing a bit of DIY research often brings up some scary results, In this case I am getting a lot of hernia related topics, which don't look pleasant :(

Has anyone else suffered similar pain/sensation to this, any advice?
I've experienced the same thing several times. I back off Deadlifting for a while as I don't want to risk injury. I've tried blasting through it but it tends to keep happening rather than go away.

Docs appointment requested, only light work planned for next week anyway so I should hopefully be seen to before I am next due to lift heavy, otherwise the heavy lifting will just have to be put on hold.

Now I guess it's time to keep my fingers crossed and hope for no hernia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom