*** The 2013 Gym Rats Thread ***

Caporegime
Caporegime
OP
the way he lifted it id say he had more in the tank on it as well.

shame for terry looks like thats him finished now and katona as well.

shaw just didnt look the same guy but not sure how bad his arm is but it did seem to effect his grip so could be worse than he's admitted.

and Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson is looking like he'l be a beast come next years comp.

another guy who looked off the boil was Johannes Årsjö.

but as many said this years field was probably the best field by far of any.

shame for lallas though, if he had a couple more inches of height he'd have won the thing i bet.

Shaw could have taken the year out but wanted to try and defend his title.
Thor is just a beast, that was a fair few months ago now, needless to say he has improved and dropped about 20kg in weight also. He is a future champ for sure.
I can't see Ed Hall winning WSM, he will make a huge name for himself though and will be one of our best ever for sure.
Arsjo took some time out and came back, he'll be better next year :)

Terry - no one wants him to retire yet, really hope he stays a few more years. Nothing stopping him getting a podium again!

So many great strongmen were missing from the finals, poundstone/Travis/thigpen from the American side, Misha and of course Loz.

Next years will be amazing if they can all stay healthy and go to the finals, picking 10 from them all is near on impossible!

Caporegime
OP
Hi guys, this is my first post in any gym rats thread :D

I got back into to the gym after a few months break in September with my mate and been going 3 days or more a week. Main focus is muscle/strength gaining, so I have the usual routine that seems to be working as I'm lifting heavier every other week :)

My diet has been awful though, no structure to it and many cheat days lol. I plan to read up on a few threads on here and the net and get a decent diet set-up for myself. I might have a few questions so hope your ready :D

Luke!

Good to see a new person :)
Feel free to post in here or ask more specific questions in any of the listed threads in the first post :)

Caporegime
OP
No events yesterday, seemed to be ******** for fun and as we have no toilet couldn't be assed trying to not **** all day lol.

Axle overhead session:
Warm ups: 25kg plate press over head x 10 / tri extension x 10: 2 times
Strict press:
Axle x 15 (40kg)
Axle x 10
60kg x 10
70x10
80x5
80x5
Push press:
90x5
100x3
100x3
105x1
110x1 =PB. Happy to match my PB with a pretty easy rep
115xf = over head couldn't complete press out though. It's there soon :)
100x3
80x8
80x9
Strict + bands:
Axle + red bands (I thing these give 20kg each at double length) x 8
Same x9
50kg + bands x 5

Sunday pork roast with lots of potatoes and yorkshires
Jame Oliver Xmas pud (about a 1/3rd) and double cream
Quality post workout meal lol

First time using the bands, easy off shoulder but kick in well for triceps which is perfect. Liked them :)

Good first overhead session of the year, good starting point :)

This reminds me, need a new 2013 log!

Caporegime
OP
I thought that we would be doing deadlifts tonight in the gym, hence my overhead work yesterday. Seems that we might be doing a pressing session though, log and bench! That will be interesting 2 days of pressing in a row :D

Back
Top Bottom