*** The 2014 Gym Rats Thread ***

Man of Honour
To be fair, just looks like he cut, so 3 months could work if applied vigorously?

Pretty much, what the uneducated public won't understand is the guy had quite obviously trained for a number of years and is in good shape apart from being a bit podgy which is easily removed when you've already got all the muscle underneath.
The public would expect to go from untrained to ripped from looking at that photo.

Man of Honour
Pretty much, what the uneducated public won't understand is the guy had quite obviously trained for a number of years and is in good shape apart from being a bit podgy which is easily removed when you've already got all the muscle underneath.
The public would expect to go from untrained to ripped from looking at that photo.

Then again a complete noob might get enough noob gains to feel like their physique had massively improved if they combined those with losing weight.

I'm not sure why I'm saying that as I agree with you wholeheartedly :p It all seems pretty dodgy to me.

Associate
Yeah seems to be more unrealistic portrayal of the results you can expect that the fitness world is flooded with.

Gives people a skewed perception of what is possible and what is "normal" when training, so people invariably end up disheartened by their results which don't match up.

Hope it goes well for you though and the people who buy in to this get results they are happy with!

Associate
Yeah definitely, they all do it! Guess you have to aswell if you want to compete in the market.

Still is a little underhanded though even if it's not lying, people are being misled :p

Though if it gets people started with gym/diet lifestyle, and i'm sure will get them results (even if not quite as good as advertised), then its a good thing.

Man of Honour
OP
This.

It's a shame that the whole market is about exploiting people's ignorance.

To be fair, even if they were well-informed, people want to hand over cold'n'hard instead of actually putting work in.

Look at gym membership statistics. Look at bariatric surgery statistics. Look at the proliferation of weightloss pills and 'thermogenic' BS. EDIT: Look at the number of ELECTIVE liposuction/implant surgeries.

All of this points to people knowing they should do something, but thinking that spending money = getting the benefits.

Permabanned
Agreed mrthingy, heard on the radio yesterday about a pill that's been legalised that makes your brain think you're full all the time if you stick to taking it down to the instructions.

Yeah because that's going to do your body a world of good having zero nutrition.

Associate
Yeah thats mental, don't know how they get approved to sell such a product!

What happens when someone continues taking the pill to the point of actual starvation? :confused: Would that even be possible, dying from thinking you are full when your actually literally starving... ?

Permabanned
Doctors have warned against up but somehow it still got through testing.

Wouldn't surprise me if a death crops up that's linked to it eventually.

Man of Honour
Trying to find info on this pill but I'm just getting a ton of terrible fake online pharmacies on google.

No plans to take it as I've learnt from my youth about things like that :p Just interested.

Man of Honour
According to the guidelines I could get this prescribed as I've got a BMI of over 30 and going by the 10% figure it could help me lose up to 1.65 stone in a year.
Less than 2 stone in 12 months with the sides effects involving me wanting to top myself, no thanks Jeff.

Man of Honour
According to the guidelines I could get this prescribed as I've got a BMI of over 30 and going by the 10% figure it could help me lose up to 1.65 stone in a year.
Less than 2 stone in 12 months with the sides effects involving me wanting to top myself, no thanks Jeff.

But imagine how quickly you'll lose weight once your corpse starts to decompose. Most effective pill EVAR.

Back
Top Bottom