*** The 2017 Gym Rats Thread ***

Soldato
Well if you've got time sure, I usually do the chin ups and Dips with stronglifts.
Also with stronglifts the warm up gets more significant as you get heavier.
It's just if you add stuff now, then you might need to take it away when your main lifts need more time.

Associate
I started doing this exercise couple weeks ago and it seems that the pain is easing slowly. I still cannot lift heavy things but at least I can move my arm without excruciating pain. I have operation scheduled in November but i think I will pass. Anyone had operation done here for tennis elbow?

If it was a doctor that has recommended surgery and you've had scans on it, then it'll be wise to follow their advice. You may have an underlying problem which you general rehabilitation work won't sort out.

Associate
If it was a doctor that has recommended surgery and you've had scans on it, then it'll be wise to follow their advice. You may have an underlying problem which you general rehabilitation work won't sort out.
I had MRI done and shown only inflammation around the elbow, so no muscle tear or anything like that. But she said the surgery will give me 50/50 chance of recovery, not a great start.

Soldato
I started doing this exercise couple weeks ago and it seems that the pain is easing slowly. I still cannot lift heavy things but at least I can move my arm without excruciating pain. I have operation scheduled in November but i think I will pass. Anyone had operation done here for tennis elbow?
Hi, check my log for my journey with elbow pain over the last 2 years. I was close to holding a one-hand handstand and can hold the human flag. I've been offered cortisone injections and surgery throughout this period and I'm on my 6th therapist. I'm going to persist but my findings were that surgery was not effective for my particular problem which I'm still investigating.

Do you have tendonitis or tendonosis? Both require different approaches.

tendon-continuum.jpg

Source: Is tendon pathology a continuum study

Associate
My therapist in hospital told me that i have tennis elbow, she hasn't mention anything else.
I had previously pain within the muscles but thanks to hot rub massages they went away.
The only pain left is located a little bit left from red dot with tendon indication.
5prlu8.gif

Almost where the bones meet. When I press it hurts like hell.

Soldato
My therapist in hospital told me that i have tennis elbow, she hasn't mention anything else.
I had previously pain within the muscles but thanks to hot rub massages they went away.
The only pain left is located a little bit left from red dot with tendon indication.
5prlu8.gif

Almost where the bones meet. When I press it hurts like hell.
How long have you had the pain? Have you had complete rest?

Associate
How long have you had the pain? Have you had complete rest?
I had this pain for about a year now. I had few cortezon injections but now i have been told that I should have rest for few weeks not few days like gp told me.
I've been resting since mid August, went to hospital for some physio and that made it worst the pain spread towards wrist after stretches.After that i had acupuncture but that did not help in long run.

Soldato
I had issue with Golfers elbow - which is on other side.... I rested and did some excercises and its cleared now - took around 3 months

I don't do normal pull ups as that is a sure way to aggravate it and do it with my hands facing each other and being careful to not stress my forearms too much. Same with bicep curls I don't do them with hands face up - I rotate it and this helps...

Still struggling with my shoulder - its eased off a lot and Ive started lifting very lightly - but I can feel it pull sometimes and I still get sharp pain if I move my arm in certain ways... Im seeing a level 2 physio in a few weeks who may advise to get a scan,,,,

Man of Honour
OP
I had this pain for about a year now. I had few cortezon injections but now i have been told that I should have rest for few weeks not few days like gp told me.
I've been resting since mid August, went to hospital for some physio and that made it worst the pain spread towards wrist after stretches.After that i had acupuncture but that did not help in long run.

Let us try and not push this into medical territory... Come and post in the Facebook group (with payment of appropriate tribute) if you are interested.

Soldato
I'd look for a chiropractor who has ART training, I've been seeing mine for 2 months now and I'm entirely pain free (after 18months of pain) and onto the rehab phase of my recovery plan.

Soldato
Uurgh, had a gymnastics/handstand class.
I knew I wasn't that flexible, but I was told I was the most inflexible person they'd trained :(
I try and do stretches every day but I think I'm either doing the wrong ones or not enough.
Do people have like, a proper routine they go through?

Associate
Uurgh, had a gymnastics/handstand class.
I knew I wasn't that flexible, but I was told I was the most inflexible person they'd trained :(
I try and do stretches every day but I think I'm either doing the wrong ones or not enough.
Do people have like, a proper routine they go through?

Search limber 11 for a good lower body stretch routine. I used to do this three times per week but I must admit I haven't done it for about six months - I found it difficult to keep doing it on top of lifting 5-6 times per week and cardio.

Back
Top Bottom