*** The 2018 Gym Rats Thread ***

Associate
Hi, looking at small additions to my home gym, was thinking of getting a power plate but wanted peoples experiences on this and which ones would people recommend? Planning on losing belly fat but to increase muscle mass at the same time. Been training on and off for the past 2 years. Thanks

Associate
Hi, looking at small additions to my home gym, was thinking of getting a power plate but wanted peoples experiences on this and which ones would people recommend? Planning on losing belly fat but to increase muscle mass at the same time. Been training on and off for the past 2 years. Thanks

There is one simple solution download my fitness app and get your nutrition on point, pack it full of protein and work out as normal the fat will slowly disappear , just googled the power plate and never seen any youtube fitness guys mention them and belive me i have watched 100s of hours of great information. Athlene X is a good dude to watch.

I forgot to mention for the first time in 4 years gyming i have been getting nutrion on point i can finally see my belly fat disappearing and abs appear gym 4 to 5 times aweek and eating correctly lost over 12 lbs :)

Soldato

I'd recommend spending your money on some equipment that's actually useful.

Soldato
Whats your budget and what do you already have?

Soldato
Just lol at how many people in the gym (who are clearly not powerlifters or competing in single-ply) use knee wraps for their quarter squat sets of 8.

we talking full on knee wraps? I've only ever seen one bloke using knee wraps and he was a power lifter a couple weeks out from british champs.

I've just started using double ply sleeves and what a difference!

Man of Honour
Just lol at how many people in the gym (who are clearly not powerlifters or competing in single-ply) use knee wraps for their quarter squat sets of 8.

Knee wraps and belts seem to be worn most of the time for some in my gym, even for exercises that don't seem to need them? Lifting more weight than these people, I start to wonder whether I am missing something?

Rear delts and top of traps are still in pain for earlier in the week. Should make deadlifts fun today. A week off from the gym cured all the little aches and niggles, but it sure does result in some muscle aching again when you start back.

Soldato
we talking full on knee wraps? I've only ever seen one bloke using knee wraps and he was a power lifter a couple weeks out from british champs.

I've just started using double ply sleeves and what a difference!

Yep proper knee wraps. More likely to see them at my gym than squat-friendly footwear.

Knee wraps and belts seem to be worn most of the time for some in my gym, even for exercises that don't seem to need them? Lifting more weight than these people, I start to wonder whether I am missing something?

Rear delts and top of traps are still in pain for earlier in the week. Should make deadlifts fun today. A week off from the gym cured all the little aches and niggles, but it sure does result in some muscle aching again when you start back.

Yes I've seen knee wraps worn for deadlifts lol. Same with 'wear a belt for everything' and clearly not understanding what the actual point of the belt is. You're not missing anything not using wraps - it's somewhat akin to using a Slingshot for bench.

Caporegime
Slowly been hammering away again, not lifting half as much as I did but it's just nice to get into a gym and move something.

Squats are still terrible, I'll never get good at them, and having to be conservative with deadlifts to not hurt my back, wondering about a nice belt to help me brace more and to avoid any mishaps.

Yes I've seen knee wraps worn for deadlifts lol. Same with 'wear a belt for everything' and clearly not understanding what the actual point of the belt is. You're not missing anything not using wraps - it's somewhat akin to using a Slingshot for bench.

If anything, I'm contemplating cheap sleeves purely for warmth purposes, but I could just use tubigrip for now

Last edited:
Man of Honour
A week off on holiday and I have lost squat strength. Will have to redo my current cycle rather than up the weight. Away again in a few weeks, darn. Everything else seems fine.

Associate
Just ordered some Bear Grip wrist support straps and multi-hook grab straps. I do have quite large hands but the worlds smallest wrists in comparison. I'm finding with benching, that my wrists are bending backwards despite being fully able to push the weight - leading to some painful wrists in the morning. On heavy deadlifts it feels like they're being strained.

Any exercises people can recommend to improve wrist strength?

Shawrey

Man of Honour
Just ordered some Bear Grip wrist support straps and multi-hook grab straps. I do have quite large hands but the worlds smallest wrists in comparison. I'm finding with benching, that my wrists are bending backwards despite being fully able to push the weight - leading to some painful wrists in the morning. On heavy deadlifts it feels like they're being strained.

Any exercises people can recommend to improve wrist strength?

Shawrey

Lots of deadlifts. And lots of rowing. One thing to buy might be those Fatgripz things...

Back
Top Bottom