*** The 3rd OcUK PS3 FIFA09 Cup ***

Caporegime
Jonny - I'm gonna forfeit my games and let ash through - can't get any response from my team when we played first half of first game - literally no player movement until a second later...

Guess it's something my end as it took a fair few goes to get past the sticky team select bug - with me trading in this week I doubt I'll be back up by the deadline too...

GL ash - sorry I didn't finish games - obvious on my end it was pointless...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
tbh mate it was ok and playable. Thanks for the offer but am happy for score to stand

Fair enough then, thanks for the games, both were really tight! My equaliser in the 2nd was a tad lucky!

To be honest I think it was two pretty average teams in the end, neither had the quality to break down the opposition's defence frequently enough for an exciting match.

Scores confirmed.

Soldato
Whappers 0 - 2 Naan_H
Naan_H 3 - 4 Whappers

Naan_H wins 5-4 on aggregate.

Whappers was unlucky, had some great passing moves and unlucky not to score in the first game. I lost the second game to the most comical own goal you will ever see, retard keeper and defender decided to play pinball together and it ends up in the net - stupid fifa does it again.

Well played mate tbh i was very lucky. Agreed that second game stressed me out!! end to end stuff we should have some more friendlies!

Soldato
I agree. Good games there. Absolutely gutted i lost! Been on good form recently and cannot believe I lost the tie overall. I'm far too hard on myself whenever I lose. :o Arrgghh. Anyway! :o I'll send you a message next time I am free on PSN. ;)

USA are a quick team and they pass the ball well. To be honest i think i just won the majority of the tackles - and that clean sheet in the 1st game saved my ass

Soldato
OP
Jonny - I'm gonna forfeit my games and let ash through - can't get any response from my team when we played first half of first game - literally no player movement until a second later...

Guess it's something my end as it took a fair few goes to get past the sticky team select bug - with me trading in this week I doubt I'll be back up by the deadline too...

GL ash - sorry I didn't finish games - obvious on my end it was pointless...

I have said this to you already ps3ud0, but so the rest of the players see it too...

I'd rather not accept a forfeit until the very last moment, because there are players who have missed out on being in knock out stage A and would have liked the place, so it is a little unfair on them for someone to forfeit on the first round.

so, I'd rather give you some more time, try your games again at some point, I know you might be able to fit it in tomorrow if time allows, or I would extend the deadline a little if needs be, so just keep us in the know and if deadline day arrives and you are not going to be available for some time then I will accept the forfeit as a very last option.

Hope everyone else is ok with this...

Associate
I have said this to you already ps3ud0, but so the rest of the players see it too...

I'd rather not accept a forfeit until the very last moment, because there are players who have missed out on being in knock out stage A and would have liked the place, so it is a little unfair on them for someone to forfeit on the first round.

so, I'd rather give you some more time, try your games again at some point, I know you might be able to fit it in tomorrow if time allows, or I would extend the deadline a little if needs be, so just keep us in the know and if deadline day arrives and you are not going to be available for some time then I will accept the forfeit as a very last option.

Hope everyone else is ok with this...

so if you want ps3ud0 to not forfeit whats gonna happen to the 4 goals i scored?

Soldato
OP
That is something you'll have to decide between you and ps3ud0. It is impossible for me to make the decision as I don't know the exact situation.

Although I will say, as I have in the first post. If a game is laggy then it should be quit and rearranged, score is irrelavent. It's hardly a fair win if a players is having so much lag he is unable to play, and I want this competition played on as level a playing field as possible. Therefore my suggestion would be to start from scratch.

Associate
well i didnt have any issues with lag or anytrhing on my end and only you will know if you had any problems so im happy for you to forfeit if thats what you want to do

Caporegime
OK I think thats sorted then - though quite a few people have complained about PSN issues in other games last night, so it wasnt only me...

GL in the next round

Soldato
Jamesbcd, it doesn't look official yet as the tables haven't been updated since last night, but I think that I'm playing you in the first round of the plate; are you about tonight at all?

Soldato
OP
Group Stage Games:
Topher vs Eddie_Arsenal - This game has not met the deadline and therefore both players will recieve no points for this game.

The first round of the knock out is now fully confirmed, I would like for this round to be complete by Saturday night please.

Knock Out Stage A:
Gatidd vs Eddie_Arsenal
Beenom vs Skippi90
SS-89 vs Jonny_no2
ps3ud0 vs ash6290

Knock Out Stage B:
anticonscience vs Topher
GazD vs m0r94n
Jamesbcd vs manic111
Naan_H 5 - 4 Whappers

Knock Out Stage C:
One More Solo vs stevesmith_2009