The 5 year plan to £50k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

From reading the first page and then the last, i'm assuming you haven't done it, or near it?

50k, i'd be happy with 20k at the moment, whilst i'm trying to figure out what I do with my life.
The 50k plan ended many pages ago.

Essentially the OP didn’t want to leave the house (or cats) and chase the cash, so bailed on his goal :(

Soldato
Congrats :)

I imagine you didn't just luck-out and land in a 50k job, so would have put in the time and effort to make that sum.

I would be jealous of a person who lucked out and got there, but those who work for it with continued application and dedication I can only admire.

My own situation, in case anyone cares (it's that thread again!) is of accepting my current situation, which is not terrible, and adjusting my expectations downwards :p

I just don't have it in me to work my ass off for more money. Sorry!

Without taking the **** what are you actually up to these days? Genuinely interested and not to mock, as someone who is slowly working up to your original goals im interested.

Permabanned
No idea why all the negative comments because I am posting about salary, I bet if I posted in the 'What do yo bench bro?' thread in the gymnasium sub-forum proclaiming I had just increased by one rep max lift to 200lbs people would be far more supportive.

Caporegime
OP
No idea why all the negative comments because I am posting about salary, I bet if I posted in the 'What do yo bench bro?' thread in the gymnasium sub-forum proclaiming I had just increased by one rep max lift to 200lbs people would be far more supportive.
What do you do, if you don't mind saying?

Caporegime
OP
Without taking the **** what are you actually up to these days? Genuinely interested and not to mock, as someone who is slowly working up to your original goals im interested.
I Google for a living ;) Aka IT (admin, not support). Nothing impressive, I just click around in SCCM all day, whilst the other guys do the real work :p

When I was young I wanted to be in software development, but I only ever succeeded in writing bugs :p About 5 per line of code.

These days I just add /qn switches to msiexec strings and not a lot else. I'd love to do more but I really don't have any in-demand skills. So I just keep adding those /qn's :p Kind of amazing that you can do that for a full-time job, all day every day, no?

Caporegime
Nah. I'm still going with whoever hired him is incompetent. Having met those that work in HR I can definitely support this opinion.

HR don't usually make the hiring decision IME, they might filter the applicants initially, and might be involved in the interview process at some stage but their input at that point is usually rather limited.

Permabanned
Like Breaking Bad? :p

Not that exciting... Just CFD... You should look in to it. If you can code to even a basic level you can most likely get your head around CFD very easily as the maths isn't that difficult and plenty of CFD engineers dont even know that... Spend a few months studying fluid flow i.e continuity equation, Stokes, Bernoulli, Euler, throw in some non-dimensional numbers.. Progress to Navier Stokes. Learn an easy software package. Job done!

* Learning a bit of fluid rheology wouldnt go amiss either.

Caporegime
The 50k plan ended many pages ago.

Essentially the OP didn’t want to leave the house (or cats) and chase the cash, so bailed on his goal :(
I really think that taking the above into account this thread should be closed now that the entire point of it has been defeated. There is very little in here for others, and keeping it open is kind of cruel to FoxEye as it essentially is a constant reminder of how he didn't achieve his goals.

Maybe we can start a new thread, something like ***The Long Term Career Goal Intent and Advice Thread*** where people can say what they want to do, post updates and give advice? :)

EDIT - Actually, a "Careers" sub-section of GD may also be useful?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom