The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Soldato
Remove some of the steel adjuster shims inside the gun.

Or, have a coil or two cut off the mainspring. If you're going to do this, make sure the 'cut' is ground flat correctly, not just cut off square.

I hope they put some washers in as I hate grinding down mainsprings. Takes forever :(.

I've just tested my Cometa 300 and that was putting out 12.34ft/lb. I think this could be due to the fact its not been fired for a few years and was dieseling quite a bit on the 10 or so shots i fired. I have removed the washer from it and now its at 11.3 ft/lb.

I'll open the HW97 up tomorrow and have a look. IIRC its just a case of removing the trigger pins, then unscrewing the rear block.

Found a great site that has lots of different pellet weight on. Very useful :)

http://www.photosbykev.com/wordpress/2009/01/20/air-rifle-pellet-database/

Soldato
Just thought I'd update this thread for anyone interested.

I wasn't pleased with the oak grips when I oiled them as they changed colour and looked a bit meh. So got some American Walnut from a seller on ebay. Also had to buy some new bolts as the ones for the plastic grips are too short, so went for some hex bolts in black as I couldn't find any slotted.

DSC_3003.jpg

DSC_3012.jpg

DSC_3067.jpg

DSC_3086.jpg

Also got a new toy on the way, should be here today or tomorrow :o :D.

Soldato
I'm thinking about getting in to air rifles and eventually getting a .22 rimfire. There are a few shotgun places near me but not much on the rifle front. Does anyone know of anywhere near the Rugby/Coventry area where I could shoot air rifles and rimfire rifles?

Soldato
I'm thinking about getting in to air rifles and eventually getting a .22 rimfire. There are a few shotgun places near me but not much on the rifle front. Does anyone know of anywhere near the Rugby/Coventry area where I could shoot air rifles and rimfire rifles?

Go in to the newsagent, look for Airgunner & Airgun World magazines, they use to have a club directory listing in them.

Cosford Shooting Ground use to have a airgun club plus pistol & rimfire, I'm a bit out of touch with the club circuit now.:o

http://www.cosfordsg.co.uk/index.html

Last edited:
Soldato
They all have such terrible websites, and the Cosford one I looked at but the email address bounced back. I guess I'll have to do it the old fashioned way and go exploring :D

Soldato
What happened to your rear sight?

I haven't got a clue :(. It has always been put back in its case after every use. It was secured in place with an allen bolt and was quite a tight fit as well.

To but another its like £15 for a tiny piece of alloy :mad:. Currently just swapping the one from my Beretta over as that fits it. but i'll eventually begrudgingly buy another.

Or I might even get the adjustable rear sight as I don't think that costs much more.

Soldato
Looking good! Here's mine in nickel with the regular plastic grips - hasn't been used for quite a while and I need to replace the cannister

Looks good. I like the finish of the silver versions. My mate has a silver beretta that I am going to try and buy off him as he never uses it.

BTW, when you say you need to replace the cannister, the old one isn't still in the gun is it?

EDIT: Oops, I was supposed to add this to my other post :o

Associate
Looks good. I like the finish of the silver versions. My mate has a silver beretta that I am going to try and buy off him as he never uses it.

BTW, when you say you need to replace the cannister, the old one isn't still in the gun is it?

EDIT: Oops, I was supposed to add this to my other post :o

Nope, not sure what I did with my old ones. My old housemate had the S&W with the interchangable barrels which was pretty nifty.

Soldato
Wedgnock near Warwick seems to be the best place for me, its about 35 mins drive but at least I'd get an FAC eventually. There is another small place with an air rifle range nearby so I could go there too.

I really want to buy an air rifle and get started but I spent £350 on a stupid holiday instead :p

Soldato
MarkSt - A Mk2 R10 or early one? While the early ones had a few issues the Mk2 is one of the best air rifles I've shot bar the standard BSA mag's which are 80/20 on whether you get a good one or not. There's a company that makes aluminium replacements which are much better (but cost sadly) - http://www.pneumaticballistics.com/

Back
Top Bottom