The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Commissario
Did anyone here have one of the Brockock ACR's? I used to have the snub nose .38 they did, but handed it in when the ban came into force. Absolutely devestated now that I never applied for the FAC to keep it :(

You wouldn't have been able to keep it mate, blanket handgun ban. Only people allowed section 5 guns would be for humane dispatch, even then it tends to be low capacity pistols.
Totally incorrect.

When the ban for Brococks was annouced, it was made very clear that anyone who applied for an FAC would get it. Ownership was enough grounds to grant the certificate and I know many people who got their first FAC through owning Brococks. The ironic thing is that a lot of those now have real steel firearms on their FACs so the ban was actually responsible for an increase in legally held weapons!

Permabanned
Just pick this up brand new for mega cheap money, brilliant for back garden plinking and hits what you aim at every time.

imgp0831a.jpg

By spankingtexan at 2012-07-28

Last edited:
Soldato
Had to send my HW100 back to Hull Cartridge today - it's shooting dangerously close to 12ft/lbs or just over - had it confirmed by my local shop after checking with my combro chrono.

£180 is the quote for the work - although it'll involve a complete service which should be good for the gun - had it nearly 8 years and it's not been serviced fully once in that time!

Annoyingly the new scope I bought for it - an MTC Taipan 6-24 x 56 has a very nice integral sun shade that slides out but the front o-ring on the HW100 gets in the way! Thankfully the guy at the shop has offered to take the half mill or so off the top of it so the sun shade is fully usable :)

Soldato
Ok this gun may be a cheapo but i'm having great fun shredding targets with it, it's a little on the loud side but surprisingly accurate.

By spankingtexan at 2012-07-24

It has a rifled barrel, fires both pellets and bb's but I only use pellets to take advantage of the rifling and I have heard continued use of bb's can damage the rifling, not sure if this is true though. Fantastic little gun, must pick up the P-25 for the blowback and 16 shot mag.

How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Sold my Nighthawk recently, only used about 2 times and it's spent the last 2 or so years in the attic.

tgzNm.jpg.png

Soldato

They are very nice guns. Its basically a HW95 in an adjustable stock and a sleeved barrel. Brand new it will twang a bit like all Weihrauch guns but will be very accurate with a short locktime. If you would like to add a silencer then the HW95 would be a better option as they come with a threaded barrel.

I would recommend keeping an eye on the second hand market as these often come up for sale around the £250 mark, often with a V-mach kit fitted, which turns it into a superb rifle.

Soldato
What can anyone tell me about this air rifle? It was left behind by the previous owners of my uncles place.

I'm guessing it's old (and well used) but it feels powerful enough and surprisingly accurate.

19052008074.jpg

19052008072.jpg

Soldato
What can anyone tell me about this air rifle? It was left behind by the previous owners of my uncles place.

I'm guessing it's old (and well used) but it feels powerful enough and surprisingly accurate.

Weihrauch HW35, a classic spring powered airgun. You can find out it's age if you email Weihrauch with the serial number. They are quite collectable and were very good rifles back in the day, and still are very good today. Looks to have a bit of pitting, which is a shame, but you could get that sorted out by a gunsmith. http://www.manchesterairguns.co.uk/ a guy called Collin does excellent work and is always recommended on the airgun BBS.

Soldato
Weihrauch HW35, a classic spring powered airgun. You can find out it's age if you email Weihrauch with the serial number. They are quite collectable and were very good rifles back in the day, and still are very good today. Looks to have a bit of pitting, which is a shame, but you could get that sorted out by a gunsmith. http://www.manchesterairguns.co.uk/ a guy called Collin does excellent work and is always recommended on the airgun BBS.

Thanks for the info, it's appreciated.

Permabanned
Was looking at old air guns and have just noticed the GAT states on the box it's an air pistol, a little misleading wouldn't you say? correct me if i'm wrong but where in the cocking and firing of the gun does it involve AIR?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom