The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Soldato
I traded my HW97k for an AA S400 today.
Not really used it yet, but love the lightness of it.
S400_zps27ebed66.jpg

Soldato
At the moment, none. I can charge it at the range which will do me for the time being.
I'll likely get a 5 or 7 litre bottle at some point though. Can't be fussed with a pump even though it would work out cheaper in the long run.

Soldato
Just need to get a set of 2 piece mounts as my HW97 had a 1 piece which now means it's really fiddly to get the pellet in. Plus I'll get the Rowan magazine and that will only fit under a high mount.
(the pic above is the last owners scope/mount, not mine)

Associate
Just need to get a set of 2 piece mounts as my HW97 had a 1 piece which now means it's really fiddly to get the pellet in. Plus I'll get the Rowan magazine and that will only fit under a high mount.
(the pic above is the last owners scope/mount, not mine)

I found the Rowan mag to be very expensive and not that much more useful for normal shooting.

Associate
Seriously Arek?! :rolleyes:

anyway, more testing today in the freezing cold.
FT specials and falcons were great again 50 pellets this time.
Superfields were pretty good too.
Bisley magnums were ok, massive drops but shrugged off the wind pretty well and went in under the 12 fpe limit.

tried the defiants again, looked better in the packet this time and grouped quite well. Too many unexplained fliers.

tried superdomes and pretty impressed. Got a tin of them so I'm going to try them again.

JSBs didn't arrive in time so they are still waiting testing.

Last edited:
Associate
I have to admit that Superdomes seem to be the most versatile pellet I have come across!

What range are they accurate up to? I am looking for good affordable long range pellets 30-100meters...

Girls are well impressed with my accuracy in long range shooting. They say that I can handle my weapons well.

Well you have a month away from here to practice.

Associate
What range are they accurate up to? I am looking for good affordable long range pellets 30-100meters...

Girls are well impressed with my accuracy in long range shooting. They say that I can handle my weapons well.

It's all about the barrel. A short one like yours will have you laughed off the range.

we are talking about your hw45 here aren't we?

seriously though I've just spent about £70 on test pellets and 8 or so hours on the range. Go find out what pellets your own damn guns prefer.

Last edited:
Soldato
I part exchanged my TX200 around 4 months ago for this Daystate MK3:

Sorry about pic quality but cant find my camera so had to use my phone.

It felt strange shooting it to start with after being using the TX200 for so long as I kept expecting their to be recoil, but there was nothing. The only feedback it gives is a bit of noise and the pellet punching a whole exactly where you aim. I manages to shoot 5 plastic tea stirrers in a row at 45m (indoors) which I would never have managed with the TX200.

I need to strip the stock at some point and oil is as it currently has a gloss varnish finish which I dont really like as much and doesn't show off the grain of the wood either, or I might try and get a MK4 thumbhole stock second hand as I think they look much nicer and fit the MK3s with a tiny bit of modification.

That looks soooooo nice I want one

Soldato
^ Aaaaaargh, a Knob twiddler! :D

A quick question for you, it sounded silenced but I couldn't see anything on the barrel and most FT'ers would use an air stripper instead which, as you know, sounds very loud.

Associate
The Anschutz is not silenced, it has a shrouded barrel as standard and then we have fitted a threaded insert into the end, this strips the air and lets it move forward away from the shooter. Believe me it is not quiet at all lol.

I did have an 8002 converted that had original shroud removed and was back vented this was crazy quiet all you heard was a slight tick noise from the hammer.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom