The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Soldato
Looking great:cool:

have you had to install extra screws between air tube and boss valve in view of the extra power?
Thank you! The regulator is set to ~900 lb psi (about the same as CO2) so there's no need to put extra pinning in. The reg also has a low pressure burst disk, so even if the reg failed, there wouldn't be any danger of silly high pressures going through the gun. The valve has been modded by me, it's not a Crooked Barn Boss Valve :)

Glad you checked the power!

I said before, but that's a really nice conversion you have done there. How well does it group?
Thank you! Here's a group - 5 shots at 35 yards using AA Fields in 5.52mm 1p for scale - not too shabby - I reckon that will tighten up a gnat's when I put the barrel band back on. Come the warmer weather I'll try some other pellets too. This was only meant for close work (barns/stables etc), so I'm pretty pleased so far!

IMAG0954_zps89591d34.jpg

IMAG0955_zps0429a7da.jpg

Great work but how does it handle? The bottle looks in an awkward position for getting a good shooting stance and it looks like the balance would be very much towards the back.

Do love the look of it tho :)

Thank you! It does look awkward, but it actually works really well - I can shoot it prone too. The bottle just tucks under my arm - it's not in the way at all. The bottle has a slight right bias as I'm right handed.

The balance is just slightly forward of the pistol grip - hopefully the pic below shows where I mean. The gun is balanced on the torch. The gun is 38" 97cm in total length including the moderator and air bottle and is very light at 2.97kg (6.5lbs) with the mod and scope, so it is a very compact little thing.

IMAG0951_zpsf5f2a5e7.jpg

I'll get the missus to take a pic of the gun in my shoulder when she gets home later, if you want?

It's too cold for any more shooting today - roll on the warmer weather!

Associate
It certainly shoots well and the balance point isn't far from where I like guns to balance, mind you at that weight I don't suppose it matters too much. Good work :)

Associate
I am aware that the following question is probably answered somewhere in this thread but I'm on my mobile so browsing isn't the easiest thing to do...

I need to get rid of some airborne vermin, they sit on the telegraph pole outside my house and crap all over my van and my mum's car (starting to damage the paintwork) and there's no where else to park my van.

Can I legally pop them? Been lucking at getting an air rifle for a while now and figured this gives me a good enough reason.

Also, any recommendations around the £100 - £200 would be greatly appreciated.

Soldato
I am aware that the following question is probably answered somewhere in this thread but I'm on my mobile so browsing isn't the easiest thing to do...

I need to get rid of some airborne vermin, they sit on the telegraph pole outside my house and crap all over my van and my mum's car (starting to damage the paintwork) and there's no where else to park my van.

Can I legally pop them? Been lucking at getting an air rifle for a while now and figured this gives me a good enough reason.

Also, any recommendations around the £100 - £200 would be greatly appreciated.

No you cant. Please read up on airgun laws.

Even after that, airgun shooting is not some computer game where you always hit what your aiming at. You need to practice untill your cetain you can hit what your aiming at.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom