The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Associate
The TX is back on the BBS:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?659532-Air-Arms-TX200-HC-.22

As to the Scorpion SE. Never shot one but all the reviews seem very positive.
I have shot the R10 which I believe the action is very similar and that was great with a very positive cocking action and great trigger.

Thanks for the info.

Another question:

I am going to need a pump and it will be either be an FX or Hills. What would people recommend? The FX is slightly cheaper and comes with a moisture trap but they fail to explain how it works or how to maintain it, which makes me suspicious as to its claims. On the other hand the Hills is more expensive with a moisture trap that needs refilling every 6 months at £3 a throw.

Are they both of comparable quality? I would like to spend my money on the Hills as it is made in Sheffield and I could even pick up direct from the factory but I do no want to spend the premium if the FX is just as good.

Edit - just to add that I am 193cm and 90kg in excellent health so no probs pumping hard!

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a Hills pump before I got a dive tank - I didn't have the moisture trap and had no corrosion inside either of the pcps I was using it to fill. I used the pump for 3 years without a moisture trap with no problems. Both guns were stripped and checked annually :)

Associate
Soldato
Guys, no rifle spares site has the barrel for the Cometa 100. Do you think the barrels from the 200, 220, 300 and the 400 all fit each other?

All look extremely similar (except the length and thinker barrel end on some)

Edit: forgot to add link: http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=24033&cat=Cometa

As SimonCHere says, it's best to drop them an email, although the barrel spring and ball catch are the same part numbers.

Just a point - barrels are affected by the vcr act and can't just be posted direct to the consumer - you either need to send Chambers your old barrel and they essentially do a like for like replacement or you'll need to factor in the cost of getting it delivered to your local rfd which could cost anything from £10 - £30 quid. :)

Soldato
As SimonCHere says, it's best to drop them an email, although the barrel spring and ball catch are the same part numbers.

Just a point - barrels are affected by the vcr act and can't just be posted direct to the consumer - you either need to send Chambers your old barrel and they essentially do a like for like replacement or you'll need to factor in the cost of getting it delivered to your local rfd which could cost anything from £10 - £30 quid. :)

Ah, I didn't know any of this. Seems a lot of messing about for what it is worth.

I will get in touch with them and see what is what.

Thanks for the reply.

Soldato
Ignore.

Read through the VCR properly. Just realised what ever happens you have to get it sent to a gun shop to be picked up... Not worth it IMO with the rifle only costing £100.

Will leave it for now.

Thanks for the help though guys :)

Last edited:
Associate
Temptation at its finest :p

Just waiting for some copper washers to arrive here, so I can give my S410 trigger a polish and tune.

Also want a combro but trying to find a used example is not easy.

Associate
Temptation at its finest :p

Just waiting for some copper washers to arrive here, so I can give my S410 trigger a polish and tune.

Also want a combro but trying to find a used example is not easy.

I couldn't be bothered waiting for a used combro as they are usually only a few pounds less than new. Just got it from JSRamsbottom. Probably should have got it from the makers own site but it wasn't working when I went to buy it.

Back
Top Bottom