The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Soldato
Cool - did you get it from Chambers? What did they recommend re the vcr act? I'm just being nosey in case I ever need to order a vcr part :)

Yeah from Chambers.

It is classed as a repair/exchange as I am sending back the old barrel. So the VCR act doesn't apply. :)

This means it can be sent straight out to me.

Soldato
I'm considering selling my BSA Ultra Single shot .22 made in B'ham because i just aren't around enough to use it. Do you guys know how much it is worth and a decent place to sell it, a good gun forum?

Associate
Yeah from Chambers.

It is classed as a repair/exchange as I am sending back the old barrel. So the VCR act doesn't apply. :)

This means it can be sent straight out to me.

Nice loophole haha. Do Chambers then look at it then file it under 'bin'? :D

I couldn't be bothered waiting for a used combro as they are usually only a few pounds less than new. Just got it from JSRamsbottom. Probably should have got it from the makers own site but it wasn't working when I went to buy it.

Yeah it is tempting. Seems a waste of £50 if I'm only doing one string of shots then the occasional paranoid check :p

Last edited:
Soldato
A combro really should be a must for any airgunner - £50 to make sure you're nice and legal.

The Chrony F1 is twice the price, but also allows testing of pistols, powder burners and bows/crossbows or anything else you can sling across the sensors (including catapults slinging 12mm lead balls at 25FtLbs :eek::cool:)

Say legal :)

Soldato
It arrived today - it's in very good nick considering it's 6 years old - a few small dents on the woodwork, a minor mark on the barrel and some tiny surface rust under the stock. It's shooting AA Fields 5.52 at 11.3 and is very smooth. Slung on a cheap Simmons 4-12x40 scope and was soon producing ragged half inch groups at 30 yards - well chuffed!

Edit: I'll be stripping and re-lubing at some point and check the spring ends - give them a polish if needs be and check the trigger over, but 'out of the box' as it were, it seems pretty sweet :)

Last edited:
Associate
It arrived today - it's in very good nick considering it's 6 years old - a few small dents on the woodwork, a minor mark on the barrel and some tiny surface rust under the stock. It's shooting AA Fields 5.52 at 11.3 and is very smooth. Slung on a cheap Simmons 4-12x40 scope and was soon producing ragged half inch groups at 30 yards - well chuffed!

txpic

See I knew I should have bought that! :)
Looks great.

(wonder if it looks like Arek's? ;) )

Last edited:
Associate
Tuned the trigger on the S410 last night. Gave the contact faces on the sears a bit of polish, dab of lube and copper washers. Feels silky smooth to operate.

S410%20trigger%20copper%20washers.jpg

I've had this gun in every piece possible now. All springs and seals changed plus a new firing valve. Also has a depinger fitted. Lovely and smooth to coock with no lube on the firing hammer/spring and a polish

Last edited:
Soldato

Beautiful! I'd love one of these some day, but with already having a very nice underlever I want to get a nice break barrel first.

I'm surprised you managed to get someone to send it to you. What delivery service did they use?

I found a Webley Venom Sidewinder break barrel on there that I wanted but the guy didn't want to send it :(. Really want to get one with a walnut stock now that Webley are no more as it'll be my last chance as they become more rare.

Associate
Anyone using AA Fields should give RWS Superdomes a try, cheaper and much better quality.

I had loads of issues with Fields being bent and dis formed in the tin.

MY Tx200 likes RWS Superdomes. S410 likes AA fields and most other owners agree.

It's not necessarily worse quality either, they just have a softer skirt so more care needs to be taken. Majority of my tin are fine.

Man of Honour
Where can I get our lass an air rifle for cheaps? She wants to get into shooting but before she goes rabbiting I want to get her some practice in.

Is there anything I should know before getting her one?

Soldato
Beautiful! I'd love one of these some day, but with already having a very nice underlever I want to get a nice break barrel first.

I'm surprised you managed to get someone to send it to you. What delivery service did they use?

I found a Webley Venom Sidewinder break barrel on there that I wanted but the guy didn't want to send it :(. Really want to get one with a walnut stock now that Webley are no more as it'll be my last chance as they become more rare.

It was sent via Parcel Force as I believe they now accept air rifles, but on the Parcel Force 48 service only. There's only the standard £100 compensation with no option of enhanced compensation.

Your other option is RMSD, but you'll have to split the action to get it down to a small enough size.

Soldato
MY Tx200 likes RWS Superdomes. S410 likes AA fields and most other owners agree.

It's not necessarily worse quality either, they just have a softer skirt so more care needs to be taken. Majority of my tin are fine.

I use RWS Superdomes in my S410 and it loves them. I had to many issues getting Fields into the mag and often got to many faulty ones per tin.

Changed to superdomes and it's much easier.

I guess it depends on where they are shipped from too I guess.

EDIT: I'd recommend anyone using fields to grab a tin of RWS Superdomes and see how you go with them as they are much cheaper to buy, at least for me anyway.

Man of Honour
How old is she and what sort of budget are you thinking of? :)

She's 30 and after March's wedding I've got about 30p to spend.

I just want something she can batter about for a while to see if she will keep going with it. At that point will spend a bit more. I have literally no idea what they are worth. I think the air rifle I had as a kid cost me £30!

Back
Top Bottom