The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Soldato
want to avoid pcp as i will not be able to carry the charging kit when am wild camping and miles from my car :D so its a break barrel only for me, still leaning towards a hw97k and with it been 12ft/lb the 40m clean kill shouldnt be a problem

Soldato
Yeah was a shame to hear about Webley :(.

Weihrauch are really good guns but don't forget about Air Arms, the TX200 is also a very good gun. Out of the box its better than the HW97k but after the HW97 has been treated to a lazerglide tune the HW is unbeatable.

Saying that though, with Venom gone i don't even know if you can get them tuned anymore?

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/makeBig.asp?ID=851&pic=0

This has got to be the ultimate out of the box springer. Bit expensive at £395 though.

Also another plus with the AirArms springers are the polished set back triggers. A lot of people prefer this to the HW one.

Last edited:
Soldato
want to avoid pcp as i will not be able to carry the charging kit when am wild camping and miles from my car :D so its a break barrel only for me, still leaning towards a hw97k and with it been 12ft/lb the 40m clean kill shouldnt be a problem

that depends......with a small increase in budget you could get yourself a mk1 theoben or daystate ranger which would give you 200shots per fill. I do understand the requirement mind.

Soldato
AirArms are expensive for what they are, I agree they're a good gun and they're around the same money as a Weihrauch but not as good value for money or worth the price tag if you ask me. Its only reliablity that makes the difference between them for my mind, I've seen a few AirArms need repairing but I've never seen a broken Weihrauch.

Airgunbuyer is not a good guide for prices either, see if you have a local air rifles dealer around your area will do a much better price.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Im also considering adding an air rifle, been looking at the hw97k and the air arms tx200, i may even consider something over the 12ftlb limit, as any air rifle in n ireland regardless of power has to go on an fac.

Soldato
The AA TX200 is an excellent rifle, the one I had was a little heavy but very accurate, the newer revisions may be a bit lighter.

I also had a Logun S16S but took it back because it was a pile of poo even though it looked and felt awesome! But it was terribly inaccurate plus it kept jamming all the time too and the only way to unjam it if it's the magazine that jams is to send it back to Webley for repair, after the 3rd time I went back to the shop I told them to keep it and the guy was more than happy to give me my money back (I guess to save on expensive courier trips).

I think my next rifle will either an AA S210 or S410, superb rifles.

Soldato
nearest one to me is Wighillparkguns.com and there slightly more :(

I mean actually go to into the shop and say "whats the best price you can do me 'xxxx' for". You might aswell, you'll have to go into a store anyway because under recent laws (unless they've changed AGAIN) guns cant be sent out to customers by post anymore, you'll have to collect it from a registered arms dealer.

Associate
Reason

Pest control.
Health and safety reasons as follows.
We live and work in an age where hygiene as well as health and safety are not only desirable but a legal requirement. Where we must be seen to protect our environment from undesirable pests.
We could put poison down and watch the beautiful raptors die, this is not an option.
Salmonellosis often occurs as "food poisoning" and can be traced to pigeons, starlings and sparrows. The disease bacteria are found in bird droppings; dust from droppings can be sucked through ventilators and air conditioners, contaminating food and cooking surfaces in restaurants, homes and food processing plants.

E.coli. Cattle carry E. coli 0157:H7. When birds peck on cow manure, the E. coli go right through the birds and the bird droppings can land on or in a food or water supply.
Besides being direct carriers of disease, nuisance birds are frequently associated with over 50 kinds of ectoparasites, which can work their way throughout structures to infest and bite humans. About two-thirds of these pests may be detrimental to the general health and well-being of humans and domestic animals.
Starling are vectors of disease, their guano is unsightly, causing damage to buildings and slip hazards on pavements. As their numbers increase so do the associated problems.
Under the general licence I am by law allowed to kill vermin.
Shall I go on?
Would you prefer your milk , beef and pork healthy to eat.

Bewarned starlings are not on the english general licence to kill.
Wales is fine.

I do a service, and I enjoy doing it.
Yes I am evil, and will got to hell whan I die.

Last edited:
Associate
What a load of carp...the amount of "vermin" you kill makes no difference and it seems to be killing for the sake of killing, i am not anti shooting if you eat what you kill but killing sparrows and the other birds mentioned seems to be pointless.

Associate
So

Maff is wrong and you are right.
Defra is wrong and you are right.
Having shot 350 pigeons alone this year you can see the difference down the farm already etc. The rapeseed is looking good and the cattle feeders are not so dirty.
You must be a townie to think like this.
Try living on a farm, which makes food for human consumption and having the above 2 bodies above breathing down your neck for results on vermin control.
Like I said before do we kill all with chemical bait? or do we target the vermin alone.
You could never wipe out vermin, but you can control it to an expectable level.

Caporegime
I've got a two month old Weihrauch HW95K with silencer with a 3-9 x 50 scope, bag, tin of pellets all for £200 from my local gunshop. Not a bad deal I feel??

Anyway, I love this rifle to peices once I got it sighted.

Soldato
I've got a two month old Weihrauch HW95K with silencer with a 3-9 x 50 scope, bag, tin of pellets all for £200 from my local gunshop. Not a bad deal I feel??

Anyway, I love this rifle to peices once I got it sighted.

Which gunshop if you dont mind me asking mate? I'm not far from old Barnard Castle myself. Not had an air rifle in a while, could be tempted to get into pest control more so if I can find somewhere to shoot.

Caporegime
Which gunshop if you dont mind me asking mate? I'm not far from old Barnard Castle myself. Not had an air rifle in a while, could be tempted to get into pest control more so if I can find somewhere to shoot.

It's in Darlington. Can't think of it's name for now. The one in Barney was expensive.

The guy in Darlington normally has lots of 2nd hand ones in. I got lucky. A complete numpty had bought it 2 months earlier and didn't like it so part ex for another one.

I'll have a look tonight and see what he's called.

Soldato
It's in Darlington. Can't think of it's name for now. The one in Barney was expensive.

The guy in Darlington normally has lots of 2nd hand ones in. I got lucky. A complete numpty had bought it 2 months earlier and didn't like it so part ex for another one.

I'll have a look tonight and see what he's called.

It's not the Genuine Army Surplus place is it?

Back
Top Bottom