Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Squats

50kg x3x5
70kg x3x5
90kg x3x5
110kg x3x5 Failed on the last set.

Over head press

37.5kg 5x5

Deadlift

50kg x3x5
70kg x3x5
90kg x3x5
120kg 1x5

Numbers are going down now I'm cutting, I need to get my bf % down I've managed to lose 2lbs last week which is good.

What is the best way to try and correct an arm imbalance. My left arm is seriously weak compared to my right, and its affecting my lifts now. I broke my arm a few years back and play a lot of tennis and squash (using my right arm).

Right, that makes sense, its just starting to bother me as its become more noticeable. I don't do a particular amount of arm specific work so I will try to increase this and focus on my left a little.

Just been to the gym and as I had finished a little early and it was quiet decided to pop my Dead Lift cherry, so to speak.

I have been meaning to try add these for a little while now and OMG!
I dont think there is a word that im aloud to use in here to describe how it made me feel....im still a bit shakey now.:eek:

Talk about shock to the system....loved every minute of it though.
Squats do the same thing for me. I just suddenly start gushing sweat.

Going to need to work on form as my mate said I was bending my back a bit.
Any tips?

Anyway...
Take it they should be done on a leg day? meaning I now need to work out how the hell im supposed to do them aswell as squats on the same day :/

-G

Just been to the gym and as I had finished a little early and it was quiet decided to pop my Dead Lift cherry, so to speak.

I have been meaning to try add these for a little while now and OMG!
I dont think there is a word that im aloud to use in here to describe how it made me feel....im still a bit shakey now.:eek:

Talk about shock to the system....loved every minute of it though.
Squats do the same thing for me. I just suddenly start gushing sweat.

Going to need to work on form as my mate said I was bending my back a bit.
Any tips?

Anyway...
Take it they should be done on a leg day? meaning I now need to work out how the hell im supposed to do them aswell as squats on the same day :/

-G

I do them mainly on back days usually. They work legs....but they are mainly classed as a back exercise I think. They hit my back (upper and lower) more than my legs.

Speaking of shock to the system, last night some monsters were in my gym.. benching 180kg, squatting 220kg and deadlifting about the same. The bars were bending like horse shoes and they even grumbled when they saw there were no DBs heavier than 65kg (!)

Gave me and a few other regulars a shock, as we were all thinking we were getting strong until we saw them :p Triceps the size of my quads, biceps bigger than a melon...

I do them mainly on back days usually. They work legs....but they are mainly classed as a back exercise I think. They hit my back (upper and lower) more than my legs.

Ahh yeah, Had a look at a few peoples routines and see they are on back days.

Was going off exrx which looked like it was primarily leg based.

Thanks for stearing me in the right direction.
Assumed that the strain (not quite the right word) in my back was just me not getting form right :D

-G

Speaking of shock to the system, last night some monsters were in my gym.. benching 180kg, squatting 220kg and deadlifting about the same.

You need a better gym :P Regular occurrence where I train. Not that it's me doing it though haha. It's even worse that some of the smaller guys are lifting ridiculous weights - one kid is 18 years old, 65kg and deadlifts 200kg.

Unbelievable. Always motivated when training down there though.

To get to the Boxing gym I go to I have to walk through the weight rooms of a pretty hardcore bodybuilding gym, some of the guys look like Rhinoceros' honestly. The thing is pretty much every time I walk through there I can hear guys openly talking about their steroid cycles etc... even though I know you still have to put the effort in, 'roids or not, it does make me think less of them.

Speaking of shock to the system, last night some monsters were in my gym.. benching 180kg, squatting 220kg and deadlifting about the same. The bars were bending like horse shoes and they even grumbled when they saw there were no DBs heavier than 65kg (!)

Gave me and a few other regulars a shock, as we were all thinking we were getting strong until we saw them :p Triceps the size of my quads, biceps bigger than a melon...

Whilst I'm not that big, I'm one of these people that complains at lack of DBs of decent sizes! :o

When I'm doing DLs people do tend to stop and watch too :o

When I'm doing DLs people do tend to stop and watch too :o

lol wouldn't mind an audience myself :p.
Did some back work today and did a 90kg DL on the smith, I'll try up that to 100kg next time keeping good form in my back. Had a horrible chest day yesterday in terms of weights, tried 26kg db press for a few reps could not quite manage 5 then 24 seemed hard after doing 5x6 last week.

I'm wondering if I'm eating enough or eating too many carbs so might start a thread on it actually...

To get to the Boxing gym I go to I have to walk through the weight rooms of a pretty hardcore bodybuilding gym, some of the guys look like Rhinoceros' honestly. The thing is pretty much every time I walk through there I can hear guys openly talking about their steroid cycles etc... even though I know you still have to put the effort in, 'roids or not, it does make me think less of them.

Why? If you want to be HUGE (and lean) then that's what you have to do in the sport.
My training partner is on and we openly talk about it. The guy trains as hard, if not harder, than me and is there every single day 5 days a week without fail.

Not sure I can articulate it to be honest, it's probably the result of constantly hearing how bad it is to do steroids, from well, everyone except people using them? I'm not sure, as I said and you re-iterated they still work out hard to get their results, so I'm not sure what it is I'm 'looking down on' exactly.

Also, I still haven't got that bloody pull-up bar (the one Morba has), I found it cheapest direct from Body Solid, but I had a query so I emailed them like, 3 times and no reply, also tried phoning and no one picked up so I'm not sure what to do. I either keep trying or get it from somewhere else from about £20 more :(

Edit: Went with the Powerbar in the end, to Hell with Bodysolid and their incredibly shabby customer service.

Last edited:
Why? If you want to be HUGE (and lean) then that's what you have to do in the sport.

Because they genetically change their body in order to become better / stronger / leaner. It requires less time (or it's impossible to) to get somewhere on steroids than it does without.

I don't mind if people take them tbh, though I would be more impressed if they did it without steroids as it would require many more years hard work most likely.

It's horses for courses, if you decide to do it without steroids then well done (I personally wouldn't take them) and you should be commended for all of your hard work. However, you have to take into consideration that body building requires a lot of hard work, and for some people it all seems more worth it if they know they can become the size that they would ideally like to be which is sometimes only achievable with help from steroids.

At the end of the day, whether someone else is on steroids or not does not affect you so do not worry. Body-building is about improving your own physique and unless you intend to compete does not concern that of others so you should be free to do this by whatever method you choose and without scrutiny from those around you.

Because they genetically change their body in order to become better / stronger / leaner. It requires less time (or it's impossible to) to get somewhere on steroids than it does without.

I don't mind if people take them tbh, though I would be more impressed if they did it without steroids as it would require many more years hard work most likely.

Also I'm not 100% sure, but, I thought that all steroids did was make more testosterone available to your body. No genetics is altered it just means that your body has more test in the system and thus builds muscle more efficiently and faster. Hence smaller balls because there is no test production required.

Last edited:
Hence smaller balls because there is no test production required.

From what i've read on these boards and others and various articles, the testicle atrophy(a decrease in size of an organ caused by disease or disuse) is temporary as testosterone is being put into the body and not being produced by it, thus the reduction in size for the duration of the cycle or so.

But we're not allowed to discuss gear here, nor do I wish to derail this thread! just wanted to point out its not permenant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom