Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
something around 150/230-250/180. planning on seeing 300kg dl, 200+ squat and would be nice to hit 170 bench. more would be better, but im thinking of size at the moment. but then from that size strength would naturally grow as well

could go the other way and cut, get under 40" waist, but that would just be a PITA. its hard getting trousers and shorts that fit my thighs as it is (just had to buy a pair of 44"waist trousers so that my thighs were comfy!). having clown like waist just to fit thighs!!

I suppose it's down to personal preference! I'd get leaner.

Anything bigger.. well nothing much I can say - Do it! :D

On a side note . . I've never felt my thighs and glutes up but omg they feel like bricks and I mean literally! :|

Squats+Front Squats have really paid off!!

something around 150/230-250/180. planning on seeing 300kg dl, 200+ squat and would be nice to hit 170 bench. more would be better, but im thinking of size at the moment. but then from that size strength would naturally grow as well

could go the other way and cut, get under 40" waist, but that would just be a PITA. its hard getting trousers and shorts that fit my thighs as it is (just had to buy a pair of 44"waist trousers so that my thighs were comfy!). having clown like waist just to fit thighs!!

IMO don't bother cutting, youre built for size. My legs are no where near yours but at a 33" waist my 24.5 thighs are starting to get v.tight in some of my trousers. Loving it though, my hamstrings especially are coming on really well atm.

I'm in a similar situation in terms of trousers - I have to buy 38" waist trousers and get them tailored in for the waist so that I can fit my legs into them (over 27" of thigh!).

Morb, I reckon you should do a lean bulk, drop the BF but keep the mass - you would look awesome :) I would offer to race you to 600kg but I think you'd beat me fair and square! :D

Hehe thanks dude :o - I will break 600 this year I'm determined.

I think if you shaved off 3-5% BF whilst either keeping or increasing your LBM you would look phenomenal.

You wouldn't drop much weight with 3-5% would you?

It won't be easy, and you'd probably have to do some HIIT / Cardio routines, but I reckon it could do the trick beautifully. :)

Woh! Morba your a behemoth :D If I had your Genes I'd be getting as big as I possibly could, then do strength training. Bet you'd make an awesome strong man.

cheers hehe. I'd like to think i would, but i'm too short to be really good :(
i'm happy supporting fellow shorty Darren Saddler when he competes :)

talking of genes, i've hopefully passed on some good ones. People are shocked when my boy takes his top off, my little muscle man haha

Oh yeah. Gymnastics and a martial art first though. Get him functional and disciplined in himself :)

he does some great balancing things on pushup bars, like he's on a pommel horse!

Yes, overbearing father in the making hehe

Morba - looking phenomenal mate. Can't help but be seriously impressed. You definitely need to get more pics up! Have you ever tried going super lean, maybe even doing a show?
There's a guy in my gym with 22" calves, 22 stone and pretty lean. He competes at around 17 stone 4-5% bodyfat - just looks ridiculous (in a good way).

Well my boxing gym closes on Friday for three weeks, so I thought I'd blast my body to pieces during the down time and hopefully go back stronger/fitter than before.
So I did a bit of Deadlifting, just to get the technique back as I haven't done them since this time last year. I worked my way up through various weights finishing by doing 120Kgs 5X4 - which shows I'm stronger than I was a year ago at least.

I'll be making a thread at the weekend asking how I can use these three weeks to the best advantage, any help will be appreciated!

GVT - Thursday, 2nd back and chest day.

Again keeping the weights light and form uber strict as well as very slow eccentric excercises.

30 degree BB Incline @ 60kg:

10 sets x 5 reps. Tempo 40x0

Again maybe a bit light, but with my shoulder injury I wanted to take it easy, but by the 10th set I had a heck of a pump on.

Hammer grip chins - very strict form, bringing my chest almost dead level with the grip. Slow negs, and explosive up to the bar. Concentrating on really squeezing my back.

10x5 @ bodyweight

I was almost in tears by the end of the 5th set, it's the full extension so that your arms are straight after the slow neg and the concentric movement that follows that really hurts. I had huge forearm pumps as a result afterwards!

Subsidiary exercises:

Flat DB Chest

25kg Db - 3 sets x 8 reps.

Slow 3s negatives, and strong concentric movements, keeping pressure at all times with no lock out. It was harder than I was expecting, but again the weight was a bit light.

BORs suppinated grip

3 sets x 8 reps @ 60kg.

Here the negative movement was harder than I had anticipated and didn't really do it as strict as I should have so am a bit annoyed at that - but otherwise got a nice burn.

Amazingly that session took nearly 90mins!

I'm feeling it now though. SPW was in the gym with me and he can testify my nearly tear induced state! :o

so I'm a week in and well, I like it. A lot. It's going to be hard work - my appetite has gone through the roof - I'm eating ALL THE TIME almost. Last night I had to get up to get something to eat! :o It must be working - whilst I'm not craving carbs, I'm just craving nutrition and I'm easily touching 3.5-4k cals a day at the moment. It's getting expensive! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom