Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you are enjoying it mate. Like I say I haven't done it myself so can't really comment. I can't see how a fitty squating in front of you is anything less than super distracting though, and lack of blood in the muscles can't be good for growth :p

It helps me focus by monitoring her form ;)

Had a good second half to my trial of an upper/lower routine. All slow negatives.

Chest:
Flat BB bench: 70KG x 8, 80KG x 8, 85KG x 6
Inc DB Press: 30KG x 8, 32.5KG x 8, 35KG x 6
Dips: B/W to failure x 3, reps 10, 8, 6
Pec Fly machine: 75KG x 8 x 3 (Yes we all hate that machine but I can really feel it working.)

Back:
Wide Grip Pull ups: BW-12KG x 10, x 6, x6, BW-14.5KG x 9
Lat Pull Down, Chin up grip, hands on bend of bar. 68KG x 8 x 3
Lat Pull down behind the neck: 54KG x 8 x 3
Rear Deltoid: 33KG x 10 x 3 (Super slow)

Shoulders:
Standing Military Press: 40KG x 8, 45KG x 8.
Standing Arnies: 20KG x 8 reps each arm, x 2
BB Shrugs: 60KGx 10, 80KGx 10, 100KG x 10
HC2PP: 30KG x 8 x 3
Single arm side raises: 7KG x 8/8 x 3 (Super slow negs)

Isolation:
Diamond Pressups: BW x 10, BW +10KG x 10, BW +10KG x 8
Reverse grip BB curls supersetted with regular BB curl: 20KG x 10/10 x 2

Spent. Shoulders were killing and I loved it. I find it very difficult to get the feeling my shoulders have been worked.

Boxing tomorrow :)

Deadlifted 120kg today for 5 sets. Not that impressive I know but I've always struggled with deadlifts until the last couple of weeks where I've just gone for it and had someone watch my technique

Was doing 80kg a month ago :)

Deadlifted 120kg today for 5 sets. Not that impressive I know but I've always struggled with deadlifts until the last couple of weeks where I've just gone for it and had someone watch my technique

Was doing 80kg a month ago :)

Nice progression :) I have to focus heavily on my breathing when deadlifting of I go very feint just after the set. Brilliant exercise though.

Legs day again today

Going to make sure I hit 30T again!! woop woop

And as for the post above, I'd like to start a journal, I'm rubbish at keeping progress of myself so that might inspire me

Did my first lot of Good mornings last night at the gym after hearing good things about them building core strength on here. I have to say I was shocked at how much weight I could use. I didn't push myself though, I could feel it in the muscles but no doms today. I was using 35 kg for 12 reps and taking it nice and slow and quite deep but my torso was not parrallel with the floor (hope thats right). I think I could really come to love this exercise, especially on day's where I've been squatting as it takes a lot out of me and I'd prefer not to deadlift on the same day.

Think I picked it up in something Tank wrote, so thanks mate :)

I'm not doing **** all till next week now as this rotten cold has done wonders for my asthma, sods law really.

I've had exactly the same. Aftermath of the cold making my asthma really bad. It lasted almost 3 weeks! Only now I am not coughing and back to training. Squat = Ouch now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom