Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's 5kg plates it's about 145kg not including the bar which must weigh a fair bit!

First week back in the gym for me last week after a week off and I've managed to injure myself again. This time sleeping funny last night :o

Form check please

Hi all

Can you have a look at these hilarious videos I made of myself attempting front squats and dumbbell lunges, and give me an honest form critique please?

Obviously I'm a weak ass but I'd like to know where I can improve my technique.

Thanks.

Front Squats
Your back stays nice and straight and you keep the bar nice and high but it looks like your heels are coming off the floor ever so slightly which leads me to believe your pushing with the balls of your feet rather than the heels.

At what sort of weight does your grip start to fail when deadlifting? I'm just asking because I'm really reluctant to use straps but I may have to soon. I'd rather just improve my grip strength which I'm trying to do with my heavy grips, but I think soon it'll start to give.

Oh, and also:

I've been trying to do front squats recently and I just can't get the bar position right. Does the bar go above or below knobbly, sticky-outy tips of the clavicles?

side bends with 150kg!! mental lol :p

i really am struggling to see where they are any use at all, especially given they would have cost a stupid amount of money :D

edit: some classic pics on that link though. gotta love Dorian :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom