Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being quite a noob to the gym i just don't talk to anyone there except the staff

I see people with such bad form and think to myself it would be nice to help them out but then they'll prob look at me and think I'm being a jumped up jerk because I'm smaller than them so just keep to myself, use the power rack when its free and then leave, maybe when im bigger i may give advice but not now

I'm happy to stick around this thread and learn :D

Bad form winds me up but I try very very hard not to stick my nose in. However I do get a lot of people asking me for advice.

There's a PT there who does partial reps on EVERYTHING :rolleyes: And he's supposedly qualified to teach others. :/

Indeed. They have their place for certain exercises and sticking points, but not for everything. :/

I've made some sarcastic comments like,
"how's the injury?",
:confused:
"Well I assume you're injured since you're going to less depth on your squats than you should...",
:confused: "No mate, there's no point in going deeper than that it's bad for your knees...",
"well not really, and you're not even going to parallel... but maybe you have your reasons, no bother, take it easy....",
"erm, yes I am going to parallel, you're just used to going below it...",
"sure thing mate.... keep up the good work. :/"

Just taking squats as an example..

SPW goes to my gym and he'll no doubt tell you my disdain for people doing rubbish ROMs. :o

bad form i can handle as long as its not dangerous, but people pratting about on phones and not getting off the equipment there using annoys the bejesus out of me.

went today and there was a guy on a fancy smithmachine rig for the best part of 40 mins bench pressing, or should that be 1 set-10mins phone tapping-1 more set-10 more mins tapping on the phone and so on.

while he was doing that i hammerd out a few sets on the bench :D 10x60kg, 8x80, 8x90 and then 8x80. if i can ever get a spotter that 100kg barrier is going bye bye and on to 150 once more :P

You get the odd person at my place that doesn't realise how irritating they're being - a guy on friday night was doing a circuit of front squats, bench and SLDL but using three different oly bars and we only have 4 in the whole in place. He then had a hissy fit everytime someone asked him if he was still using one of them - there was only 5kg difference between the one he was front squatting and the SLDL one!

GAC, he was using the smith - dw about it :P

I'll always wrap knees up from now on when squatting I think. Had another physio appointment just now, gonna be another 6 weeks she reckons before any proper leg work can be started (at a light level).

Thought it might have been quicker but all the exercises Ive been doing have been to parellel, today we went down all the way and it started shaking. Its definitely getting there.

You get the odd person at my place that doesn't realise how irritating they're being - a guy on friday night was doing a circuit of front squats, bench and SLDL but using three different oly bars and we only have 4 in the whole in place. He then had a hissy fit everytime someone asked him if he was still using one of them - there was only 5kg difference between the one he was front squatting and the SLDL one!

I'm sorry unless he was near Tank's size (incase he proceeded to bench/curl me) I'd be telling him that's not happening, completely ridiculous waste of my time.

Thats just ****ing greedy:o:mad:, I would have forced a silent but deadly fart right next then walked off lol.

I've seen people with basically such little R.O.M when squatting. Looks like they've just un-racked the weight and then stuck their bum out to fart :p

It's annoying. In a big gym thats well equiped it wouldn't bother me. But in smaller gyms where you have people waiting it grinds my gears.

I have a guy at my gym who is like that (ESPORTA GYM IN BRISTOL IF YOU'RE READING THIS), lol.

Persists on using 2/3 machines/sets of dumbells. I've only had a conflict in wanting something he's wanted to use once, and his form is terrible. It annoys me to no end.

Next time i'll pluck up the courage to tell him to GTFO!!

SPW goes to my gym and he'll no doubt tell you my disdain for people doing rubbish ROMs. :o

Indeed, every so often I'll see someone with bad form (and I'm sure mines not always great so it must be pretty bad if I notice) then look across and see you just shaking your head ever so slightly.

Had my bodyfat measured today and it's ~15% apparantly which is quite pleasing considering I don't do anything special in terms of my diet to try and keep it low. However as one of my mates would say weighing 3/5 of ****-all probably plays a big part in that.

I have a guy at my gym who is like that (ESPORTA GYM IN BRISTOL IF YOU'RE READING THIS), lol.

Persists on using 2/3 machines/sets of dumbells. I've only had a conflict in wanting something he's wanted to use once, and his form is terrible. It annoys me to no end.

Next time i'll pluck up the courage to tell him to GTFO!!

It's more people's attitude when you ask them if you can swap in; I personally don't superset anything so never really use more than one thing but I'm ok if people do - just don't act like I've spat on you if I ask to jump on when you're not even using it!

Indeed, every so often I'll see someone with bad form (and I'm sure mines not always great so it must be pretty bad if I notice) then look across and see you just shaking your head ever so slightly.

Had my bodyfat measured today and it's ~15% apparantly which is quite pleasing considering I don't do anything special in terms of my diet to try and keep it low. However as one of my mates would say weighing 3/5 of ****-all probably plays a big part in that.

Hehehe - I somehow manage to keep it to myself..... just.

It's more people's attitude when you ask them if you can swap in; I personally don't superset anything so never really use more than one thing but I'm ok if people do - just don't act like I've spat on you if I ask to jump on when you're not even using it!

He did the same on friday, i was doing tris and wanted to do CGBP on the smith (as i'd never done it before, and wanted to get my form OK with a smith first), he said he was using it, i was like OK, i'll do my EZ bar frech curls instead.

I had managed to do my 3 sets of EZ bar, and 2 sets on my over head raised with single DB by the time he had actually started using it after doing DB rows. ******** idiot :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom