Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, I'll need to check. :)

It's only for a bit to do a bit of body conditioning, then it's back to AGVT and big lifts in the new year. My body's taken a battering this year, gained a good 8lbs, haven't lost strength, but I just need to do something that my body can respond to well without straining myself beyond normal for a few weeks. Well I'll still be half dead, but just not quite as dead as normal! :p

What is AGVT and what does it endetail?

Advanced German Volumetric Training so lots and lots of sets (although less than just German Volumetric Training), a fair amount of exhaustion and some good results if I'm not totally mistaken from having watched Freefaller do it. I should also add there is much hilarity to be had by other gym-goers but that's not necessarily of benefit to you doing it. ;)

Routine looks pretty demanding Freefaller, I'll be interested to see how it goes for you.

How achievable would you guys say my goal is?

I was about 5 stone this time last year. A few weeks ago I was 6.5 stone. I'm now 7 stone (98 lbs)

Clearly I've been a good boy with my diet :cool:

My aim: gain around 50 pounds of lean mass in the next 3 years. I want to be around 11 stone by the time I'm 18. Provided I keep eating and training, can I get to this mass?

How achievable would you guys say my goal is?

I was about 5 stone this time last year. A few weeks ago I was 6.5 stone. I'm now 7 stone (98 lbs)

Clearly I've been a good boy with my diet :cool:

My aim: gain around 50 pounds of lean mass in the next 3 years. I want to be around 11 stone by the time I'm 18. Provided I keep eating and training, can I get to this mass?

Can we see a photo of you? Also how tall are you? If you're only 15 and a late bloomer you'll probably put on 50lbs by the time you're 18 just by eating. A photo would help.

AGVT sounds like fun.

On Wednesday and Saturday I do a Cosgrovian Complex along with cardio.
Once I pick up the bar it never leaves my hands and I don't stop until all exercises are completed.

Olympic bar with with 30kg on, going form one straight to the other in this order:

Deadlifts x6
SLDLsx6
Bentover Row x6
Powerclean x6
Frontsquat x6
Push Press x6
Backsquat x6
Good Morning x6

That's one set. I do 6 sets, reducing the reps by one for each.
So going from 6 reps, to 5, 4 , 3 , 2 and 1.

I only give myself a 60seconds for a break between each set also.

Can we see a photo of you? Also how tall are you? If you're only 15 and a late bloomer you'll probably put on 50lbs by the time you're 18 just by eating. A photo would help.

Currently 5'3, yes, I'm a bit of a late bloomer. My dad is 5'6 so I'll probably only be that tall, and he is only around 130lbs anyway. What would you want in terms of a pic?

Just to get an idea of what your frame is.

To be honest though, if you train well and eat consistently, there's no reason why you couldn't be 11 stone at 18.

I dunno, I'll need to check. :)

It's only for a bit to do a bit of body conditioning, then it's back to AGVT and big lifts in the new year. My body's taken a battering this year, gained a good 8lbs, haven't lost strength, but I just need to do something that my body can respond to well without straining myself beyond normal for a few weeks. Well I'll still be half dead, but just not quite as dead as normal! :p

Hopefully we can get a few strongman days going in the new year!

Not sure I like the sound of that FF. Be sure to keep us updated on how it goes though mate.
Anant- tough one to be honest. You are only young and judging by your pics haven't hit your stride fully in the hormone department. If I were you I would just carry on eating well and exercising without going overboard and just let your body catch up, worst thing you can do is overdo it, half a stone in a couple of weeks will be a small amount of muscle and a large amount of fat unfortuantely. Everyone develops at different rates but it all balances out in the end. Don't let peoples comments overly influence you mate, pics look fine for your age.
In short eat right and train smart, time will do the rest.

^At the moment, I'm trying to train without overdoing it. I have one leg day, one upper body day and one cardio day atm.

The leg day is squats and lunges, just to get me lifting a decent amount for when I start training properly. I also do some calf raises as I think my calves are far too small. The upper body day is just press ups, although I've been told my form is wrong, I still get an ache the next day. If I'm at home I also do some chin ups and pull ups, again to get me ready for when I train properly

Day one for example has quads, back, hamstrings, chest, shoulders, biceps, triceps. Which is a nice spread if that's what you are going for, but I wouldn't be able to put enough effort in to each exercise to feel like I am training hard enough. Perhaps go for 2 on 1 off with a 4 day group of exercises? Like I say keep us updated mate :)

That's teh whole point of lactic acid training - bear in mind they are supersets and not heavy either. I think it'll feel like hard work but less anaerobic maybe - bear in mind this is not a bulking work out, though it should stimulate the CNS nicely, and help (along with the diet and HIIT) shed a little BF (I've calculated that all things being equal after a 6-8 week program I'll drop around 2% which would be fantastic.)

The lean monster workout will be my welcome to 2010! :D This is the calm before the storm, and feel like although I like bulk, I'm aiming to keep it, but shred a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom