Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll enjoy the Superpump. You get a serious pump on that product.

The effect wore off on me though after about two weeks, was doing almost four scoops towards the end !!

You'll enjoy the Superpump. You get a serious pump on that product.

The effect wore off on me though after about two weeks, was doing almost four scoops towards the end !!

I found the V-max to be quite good, though it's the first one I tried. The pumps weren't quite as powerful towards the end however I wasn't too fussed as my lifts weren't affected and it had Taurine and a few other things in it that I was happy to be getting to my muscles when they needed it!

I need to look at the Beta-Alanine levels as apparently this is responsible for 'itchy face syndrome'.

I can't wait to give it ago!

I'll be interested to see if it has the "superdump" effect on you. It didn't me, but I've seen a few people mention, and Stu (lad I train with) always needed a dump 10 minutes after taking it which was interesting.

I've only used Superpump & BSD Reloaded before, but I've read that the Dorian Yates pre workout supp is supposed to be ace.

Jesus, I forgot about that. I hope my stools don't get any bigger :eek:

I'll be starting the superpump around the 10th of January so will let you know how I get on and will track it's progress in the supplement discussion thread.

Beta alanine will always make your skin tingle or have paresthesia as it's called, probably because it's an NO magnifier/accumulator (it doesn't create NO2 but magnifies it's effect basically which can potentially cause your nerves to a) be hypersensitive b) fire off electrons at random owing to the increased neural activity owing ot increased blood flow and NO2 sensitivity). So in areas where there is NO generation or activity, BA theoretically floods those blood vessels and accentuates the effects of NO on the body - hence the "pump" or increased blood flow.

I'm personally not convinced in it's benefit, however in terms of pump, it'll definitely bring on a "pump".

Managed 400Kg today for the big 3, I had a big cheesy grin on my face once I worked out I'd hit 400 mark!

I'm going to end strength training for a while now and go back to 3 sets of 10 reps for most exercises. My body's got too used to doing 5 reps, so much so that attempting a 6th is one hell of a lot harder than it should be. I think my body needs a shock and a complete change of workout to mix things up a bit.

tattoo's to cover up my stretch marks? Got a massive one just near my chest shoulder joint and i hate it.

Learn to love them :)

They'll fade once you stop training. Not sure how tattooing through scars works, if at all. Fairly sure you can but one of the instructors at my gym had a tattoo through some scars on his back and said it hurt like ****! Pain is all relative though.

Learn to love them :)

They'll fade once you stop training. Not sure how tattooing through scars works, if at all. Fairly sure you can but one of the instructors at my gym had a tattoo through some scars on his back and said it hurt like ****! Pain is all relative though.

Strech marks suck :(

I've got them underneather each arm on the front-side of my armpit. I'm used to them but whenever someone notices they go 'EWWW WHAT IS THAT?!'

I just tell them it's a progress report :/ haha.

Got a new addition to the marks this week in the same place, hmmph :(

I see a lot of good physiques in in the gym, but they are spoilt by massive stretch marks all over the place. They may fade, but they will never disappear.

Trying to get my training back on track. So far this week I've done Monday - Back & Traps and Wednesday - Shoulders & Triceps. The plan is to do Chest & Biceps on Friday and Legs & Abs on Saturday.

My strength is still down a lot from when I was last in the gym, and I still can't do a flat bench press above 100kg without my injury flaring. I've had to stick to using the 40kg DBs for now, although I'm going to try the smith machine to see if it helps.

Lastly going to book an appointment with the chiropractor to get my injury looked in to.

Do you guys use body moisturiser to help prevent stretch marks? I use coco butter daily especially around the areas likely to get damaged.
Depends on what your skin is like. My training partner has very tight skin and its literally ripped apart in some places, hes started using some bio oil type thing and they are fading quite nicely. Even though I have nice stretchy skin I had to use a bit of baby lotion on my armpit/ outer chest a few months ago due to drying out and the skin was visibly over stretching.

I see a lot of good physiques in in the gym, but they are spoilt by massive stretch marks all over the place. They may fade, but they will never disappear.

Lastly going to book an appointment with the chiropractor to get my injury looked in to.
If you are going to get stretch marks you will regardless so saying it is ruining someones physique is silly when they can't help it. That said if you notice you are starting to rip apart why not try and do something to slow it/ reduce it?
I can't remember what injury you have sorry, but I'd be careful on the smith if it's your shoulder. I use it for incline sometimes and it definitely puts more pressure on my shoulder than I'd like.

MMMM my week off has ended, time to get back to the gym. Want to drop to 61kg so some hard work coming my way.
How tall are you mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom