Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so this is more MMA than Gym but I think it deserves a post in here!

Pudzianowski MMA first fight :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFMNuVO7z3o

!!

Was a quick fight, I think the other dude was quite intimidated (can you blame him?). he seemed quite good in that fight, but he still has a very long way to go. First fight though, so can't complain with a win, I hope to see him become a top fighter just like the top athlete he really is

my goals are fat loss + definition. Im already fairly close to the size (muscle wise) that i want to be and really dont want to gain anymore.

Yarr, if you're 6ft at 13st 7lbs you can't be that muscular anyway, I'm 6'3 and at 14.5st Im good round the shoulders and pecks but other than that I wouldnt say Im very muscular at all. Good work on losing the weight. Post pics!

Well I'm just under 6'1" and touching 16st so there :p

I've been reading about Marius' fight for a while and been reading it on numerous forums. He's got a history of Karate and some other marshal art (can't remember now, I obviously was paying attention :o) However, he is one of the strongest men in the world, amazingly fit for his size, 6'1" over 22st - I would not want to be at the receiving end of one of his blows. If he gets up close you're done - you'd need to get him from distance to try and unbalance him or something along those lines. Amazing guy - functional strength, and pure raw power. For those of you that have Bravo WSM will be on over Christmas. :)

Today's training was amazing, I'm still doing my full body routine - but by god it felt good! :D

Warm up (hill climbers, prisoner squats, rotating fire hydrants, jumping jacks)

DLs:

WU:
6x100
5x140
5x160
Working Set:
6x170
6x170
6x170

Dips:
WU:
8xBW
8x15kg
5x20kg
Working set:
8x25kg
8x25kg
10x25kg

Supersetted with T-Bar rows:
WU:
8x50kg
8x100kg
Working set:
8x120kg
8x120kg
8x120kg

Flat bench:
WU:
6x60
6x100
Working set:
6x110
6x110
(I didn;'t have a spotter so couldn't go heavier really - 120 I'm ok on but meh better safe than sorry, I was there by myself anyway :D).

Supersetted
Standing DB Curls:
WU:
10x10
8x15
Working set:
10x20
10x20

Warm Down / core:

DB Pull ins (immensely difficult after a big workout! :D)

3sets x 10x 12kg

Raaaar - feel goooood! :cool:

He'd probaly slip on my poo, due to being that scared of standing in a ring with him, and then I'd get him while he was down :p

Realistically he'd probaly tear me in half, actually in half.

olive oil does wonders on them.
just apply about 30mins before showering.:D
30 mins more than adequate? Have you had success using this method?

<3 :D

You rate seven seas for joints?
In all honesty I've never tried anything else because they were the only gelatin-free capsule I could for my diet requirements. So I can't really put a comparison against. I can emphasise I've seen noticeable differences in my joints whilst squatting and I got them on 3 for 2 so I stocked up!

My bench has always been pretty poor but I managed to bang out 4 reps at 100kg and 5 reps for 80lb on the really old school iron dumbbells, quite happy with that at 68kg :)

We have some dumbbells specifically for tank - 150lb! :D pic to follow next week!

30 mins more than adequate? Have you had success using this method?

yep, about 2 inches on my arms in around 8 months with little stretchmarks, while a mate of mine did far less training and had less gains but has ****loads of stretchmarks because he didn't care.

now I do agree that different types of skin make a difference as well, but for example when I stopped using olive oil because I was lazy, I started getting stretch marks even though my gains were far less noticeable.

Yarr, if you're 6ft at 13st 7lbs you can't be that muscular anyway, I'm 6'3 and at 14.5st Im good round the shoulders and pecks but other than that I wouldnt say Im very muscular at all. Good work on losing the weight. Post pics!

had a rest day today...also spent like 6 hours on my ass writing about soviet patriotism, leaves the mental muscles pumped but not the physical =P also my local pool is borked so i cant even swim!!

anyway im hitting the gym tomorrow so ill try to get some pics post workout.

although i did mess around while i was at work today i found i can dead lift 70kg with no warm up/wrong shoes/etc lol which i dont is bad since i never ever really never do dead lifts. However i prefer the clean and press full body > specific for me.

also god damn lighting in my house lol

Jonny L - You still training in Lincoln Uni Gym?

Heya mate, not at the minute, was running low on money till a few days ago (big rent this semester) and so didn't sign up for the last 2 months, its just been pressups, pullups, bw squats and handstand pushups (these are bloody hard) for the last couple of months, just casual stuff though really.

On a side not, a coursemate of my friend said he trained with a guy who did boxing a the uni gym, his names Branson, you know him?

Anyway, will be home for 5 weeks over xmas and I'm feeling a bit weak so I'm gonna hit up some 5 x 5 then once its time to come back here, I'm bringin my weights set and bench up so I can train regularly again for free :).

If you stack up to piles of books and put your hands on them and let your head go down further it gets much harder but it's a good way to progress. I was doing these for 10 reps at the start of this year, but that was when I was boxing and since I've stopped that and gone back to growing (gained 7kg in the last 4 months) I don't know I can still do it.

2906-push%21.jpg

ok i phrased it wrong =P i was tired as well lol, it doesnt feel dynamic enough to me.

compared to a clean and press which while ill use less weight moves it much futher and works more muscles. thats all i meant.

Heya mate, not at the minute, was running low on money till a few days ago (big rent this semester) and so didn't sign up for the last 2 months, its just been pressups, pullups, bw squats and handstand pushups (these are bloody hard) for the last couple of months, just casual stuff though really.

On a side not, a coursemate of my friend said he trained with a guy who did boxing a the uni gym, his names Branson, you know him?

Anyway, will be home for 5 weeks over xmas and I'm feeling a bit weak so I'm gonna hit up some 5 x 5 then once its time to come back here, I'm bringin my weights set and bench up so I can train regularly again for free :).

Yeah I know Branny, had many messy nights out with him! Also put each other through our paces on some H.I.I.T on the bag too. Small world!

Yeah the monthly fee went up £1 :rolleyes:

I found supersets to be the way foward when training at home as I didn't have enough weight to train really heavy so just supersetted everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom