Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I posted this in GD but didn't get a response, so thought I'd post in here as it might be more suitable:

I'm after a cookbook for my brother for Christmas. I have a couple of criteria that the book must meet:
- The recipes must be healthy, preferably high in protein
- The recipes must be fairly cheap, i.e. not a million and one ingredients

Reason being is he's a gym nut, hence the healthiness, and is off to uni hence the cheapness!

Anybody know of any suitable cookbooks?

That's really impressive, especially with a barbell! That guys wrist strength must be something else.

What are these aimed at? Is it more functional strength?

Cheers
It is indeed and I agree with FF's sentiments.

Tank -Found your DB's:

img0842medium.jpg

img0843medium.jpg

:D

Helped spot a guy with the 130's today :eek:

Not sure about cookbooks as such, though for healthy recipes and such muscletalk forums are pretty good.
Yea I've seen lots of decent recipes about on the net but I can't really give him a ton of weblinks for christmas!! The trouble is when you search for 'healthy' cookbooks you just get bombarded with all that weight watchers drivel for recipes with just 12 calories!

mpledge52,

I know it sounds obvious but have you searched just standard student cook books? Should give him some basic recipes which he can tweak. I was brought a student cook book but didn't bother with it. If I can't cook it on my gfg it generally doesn't get eaten :p

Thinking about all of this 'functional strength' conversation (didn't mean to start a debate :p). Something that I saw the other day that would be quite cool to be able to do is the 90 degree pushup. Perhaps not that functional unless you have to balance on the edge of a cliff with just your hands in contact with the ground and your legs hanging over the edge. :D

Must take imence balance/strength/control, although I wouldn't expect power is too much of an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom