Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
mpledge52,

I know it sounds obvious but have you searched just standard student cook books? Should give him some basic recipes which he can tweak. I was brought a student cook book but didn't bother with it. If I can't cook it on my gfg it generally doesn't get eaten :p

Cheers Benny. Student cookbooks aren't too bad as like you say you can tweak them to your needs, but he's already got a couple as I had them lying around from my stint at uni. Should have taken advantage and just wrapped them up back then instead of giving them to him!

I used to do very similar (a lot less impressive stabilty etc) moves when I was a nipper. Being a lot lighter with purely real world strength training (climbing trees and the like :p) help a lot more than banging iron or being hench.

Well I had another go at those weird bench racked lockout things I was wittering on about earlier, well, I'm getting stronger at those, doing 120kgx5, 130kg x3 and 140kg x2. 150kg wasn't budging though. I don't know how it's going to transfer over in terms of strenght or size. Hard work though.

Had a very disappointing Chest/Tri/Shoulders work out today. Just, bleh .. I dunno .. just feel like my legs are the only body part I can absolutely trash. I did legs on Monday morning and still today Wednesday afternoon I'm having trouble walking. I just cant trash my upper body like I can my legs. :( I know I shouldnt complain, my upper body strength is going up and supposedly soreness is no indication of growth but I just feel like I havent done myself justice without that sweet soreness. :p

Had a decent leg session today. Manged to hit 160k x 6 on the squat, and it felt pretty easy. Think I could have managed 8 reps with a spotter
Feeling pretty good at the moment, and am just looking forward to lean bulking for the next few years:)

My leg session was an iffy one today. Was exactly the same as the week before just everything felt really 'heavy' for some reason. Might be because it was my last resistance session before heading home for xmas, the fact I trained 2 hours earlier, or am going out for a big one tonight. Wasn't quite as focused as normal, was only 3 people in the gym. Endless possibilites.

Pow 88kg today, pretty lean too. Smiles all round :D

Benny- I have days like that mate. I totally understand the "hmm feels heavier than normal" feeling :p, just suck it up and don't worry about it.

I was able to get my regular amount of reps out just the concetric portion of the deadlift was a little slower than I'd have liked it! I was deadlifting on a different peice of floor and not facing a mirror so hard to guage 'how far was left' if that makes sense!

I don't let it put me off, just makes me more determined :D

If i get that mental "damn thats heavier than i expected" moment i usually step away from the wight for a second clap my hands a few times shake my shoulders loose etc reminding myself all the time that I CONTROL the weight, it DOES NOT CONTROL me. Works, just dont yell it outloud unless you train at home.

If i get that mental "damn thats heavier than i expected" moment i usually step away from the wight for a second clap my hands a few times shake my shoulders loose etc reminding myself all the time that I CONTROL the weight, it DOES NOT CONTROL me. Works, just dont yell it outloud unless you train at home.

lol :)

I was in the gym yesterday and a group of American Marines were there. One in particular was just huge. He had one of those vest tops that have no sleeves and were cut down the sides so you could basically see all of him - bloody poser, he was impressive though I don't remember how much he was benching but the bar wasn't straight under all that weight :p

What is more impressive are the Ghurkas. Not in a body building sense of course but just sheer stamina. They're little guys but I wouldn't mess with any of them, they look mean!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom