Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea the capsules have extra Glucosamine and Chondroitin as i stated above. Apparently the "MSM Glucosamine Chondroitin - 300 mg / 250 mg / 200 mg" may take a week or even more to get into your system so don't expect results instantly.

If i were you and wanted to try it out, i'd go for the 120 tabs and take 2 in the morning, 1 with dinner and 1 with tea. That gives you a months supply for £16.99.

If it works and pains clear up, just fall back onto simple Glucosamine Sulpahte. Maintains joints very well.

Yea the capsules have extra Glucosamine and Chondroitin as i stated above. Apparently the "MSM Glucosamine Chondroitin - 300 mg / 250 mg / 200 mg" may take a week or even more to get into your system so don't expect results instantly.

If i were you and wanted to try it out, i'd go for the 120 tabs and take 2 in the morning, 1 with dinner and 1 with tea. That gives you a months supply for £16.99.

If it works and pains clear up, just fall back onto simple Glucosamine Sulpahte. Maintains joints very well.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing it up :) I'll order a batch in a moment, my knee really does let me down from time to time, it's getting ridiculous now.

Thanks again.

Sorry guys.

I'm going to post this stuff here because i have nowhere else to post it. I dont have a blog or anything like that. Also, because nobody in my life really cares so even if you dont reply, at least you'll understand.

Did another session tonight, PT was bloody horrible. I told him before we started that i felt i could do more than i have been and i need to find my limit, so he found it for me.

5 min run @ 10kph
80 x Assisted Pullups
80 x Press Ups
80 x bodyweight squats
80 x tricep dips
80 x jackknifes
cool down 1 min run @ 8kph, 1 min @ 9kph, 1 min @ 10kph and some vomit.

33 minutes total.

So it's still early days, but you know, 4 weeks ago i'd never done a day of excercise in my life and couldn't do 3 unassisted pullups successfully. I'm feeling pretty good about where this is going and hopefully i'll be able to push on with my progress at a decent speed!

In hindsight some lower back work and maybe chest would have been nice but at the time all i was thinking about was the mouth full of carrot chunks i was trying to keep in.

ho hum!

Yeah. i started on weights at first but we decided it would be more beneficial to do core fitness first and get my general fitness level up before heading back to weights, sandbags and boxing. Am i cool to post it in here?

Sorry guys.

I'm going to post this stuff here because i have nowhere else to post it. I dont have a blog or anything like that. Also, because nobody in my life really cares so even if you dont reply, at least you'll understand.

Did another session tonight, PT was bloody horrible. I told him before we started that i felt i could do more than i have been and i need to find my limit, so he found it for me.

5 min run @ 10kph
80 x Assisted Pullups
80 x Press Ups
80 x bodyweight squats
80 x tricep dips
80 x jackknifes
cool down 1 min run @ 8kph, 1 min @ 9kph, 1 min @ 10kph and some vomit.

33 minutes total.

So it's still early days, but you know, 4 weeks ago i'd never done a day of excercise in my life and couldn't do 3 unassisted pullups successfully. I'm feeling pretty good about where this is going and hopefully i'll be able to push on with my progress at a decent speed!

In hindsight some lower back work and maybe chest would have been nice but at the time all i was thinking about was the mouth full of carrot chunks i was trying to keep in.

ho hum!
WTF....80 pressups and dips...Im assuming this wasnt all in one set...Ie..you did 8 sets on 10 dips or so. Anyway...your doing well...most peeps couldnt do that ammount at all. Thats a good session for a half hour.

Yeah heh 8 circuits of 10 in that order above. No rests at all though, bar two mouths of water between jackknifes and pullups. If i stopped between excericises he shouted at me. Plus, i kinda wanted to see if i could do it too. The dips became a bit girly towards the end tbh.

Harcore! I like! :D

Though 80 sit ups in one go isn't impossible, 80 pushups aren't too out of reach either. Though 80 dips would be hard, I can do just over 20 (BW) in one go! Same as U_E that would have me spewing!

Great situps are the medicine ball throws - tough but fun!

How much is whey protein usually? I remember having a look the other day on holland and barret website and it was £10 / 908g now it's up to £25 :(. I was looking at holland and barret as I can buy locally and don't want huge amounts just so I can try it out.

How much is whey protein usually? I remember having a look the other day on holland and barret website and it was £10 / 908g now it's up to £25 :(. I was looking at holland and barret as I can buy locally and don't want huge amounts just so I can try it out.

Dont go for the H&B stuff its absolutly horrible and seems to give most people dodgy tummys

hmm yeah and I was looking at holland and barret as I can pick it up locally although I could give http://www.myprotein.co.uk/mp-samples/protein/impact-whey-protein-(sample)-(25g)/ this a try.

I got some stuff from holland and barrat, and it was fine...just it does cost a bit more in general....The delivery time from Myprotein is usually pretty decent to be honest :)

I ordered something last night, and they dispatched it today.

The stuff I got from H&B was Milk and egg protein by bodyfortress, it tasted fine, it was a bit thicker compared to the my protein stuff as well, which I preferred....but hey, what can you do :)

Probably had less protein in it though no doubt.

^That sucks mate.

I got a sore foot on the walk to my gym yesterday and it almost ruined my leg day. It was ok after i warmed up but because i was aware it was sore i dont think i pushed myself hard enough.

I hate sessions where you dont feel like you pushed yourself to the max, my heaviest set of squats were about an inch above parallel.

Oh well, make up for it next time.

Ye..injuries suck. Havent trained for three weeks and shoulder still majorly sore. Starting to feel more like joint damage now. Just made appointment too see sports physiotherapist on Tuesday morning. £30 for 1/2hr session:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom