Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another new PB on the bench pressing. Managed 17.5 either side, so with a 20kg bar thats 55kg x 4reps

Woo for me (edit just read FF does 140kg...kind of ruins how excited i was :()

My aim is to be able to bench my own weight (currently 70kg)

Oh and i have started to get a little pot belly, wtf is that all about ? :(:(

I have a similar target of body weight bench (~70+kg), also maybe the pot belly's developed from your abs growing or just the fact you may be eating more to gain muscle also gaining fat.

Yeh i think its the fact im eating more - of the wrong stuff :eek:

i always used to be able to eat whatever i want and NEVER put weight on, however over the past two months i think that has stopped! I have a massive bg of walkers sensations next to me, i will polish them off tonight :(

with your experience, how long should it take me from 55kg to 70kg for benching? 2-3months, 6months? more?

That's a 27% increase in weight, so not insignificant.... that's 27% more than you were lifting so you're going to need 127% more strength - since you can only give 100% you have a problem ;)

I'd say 6months would be a fair target, but it could accelerate depending on your training. For me to increase my lift by 27% would mean over 175kg which I'm nowhere near lifting. I can DL it and squat it, but benching it - no way. That'll take a good year minimum to get close to that.

It's relative to your body weight too.

don't try and bite off more than you can chew, take it easy, small steps and try and increase the weight by 2.5kg every couple of weeks, even if just for a couple of reps.

Cheers FF, i always give 100% :p

For my last set my friend said add 2.5kg to each side (i was using 15kg either side, managing 8reps with help on the last 1 maby 2) so i was quite chuffed

And i just ate half a giant bag of crips, a peperami and a yoghurt. Omg i see cake, ARGH lol

No :(

But i can't help myself, i love food far far too much and i haven't found any 'good' foods that i can snack on.

Angel slices NOM NOM NOM lol

Your making me feel bad now :(

No :(

But i can't help myself, i love food far far too much and i haven't found any 'good' foods that i can snack on.

Angel slices NOM NOM NOM lol

Your making me feel bad now :(

Man ive been in the mood to eat rubbish today. Just had a bit more turkey with my dinner and then had a cereal bar after :)

Got to fight the urge dude.

Good I'm glad you feel bad. You have to have self control, that's how it gets to run away with itself. Sure have a cheat meal from time to time, like a pizza, or a bag of crisps and a chocolate bar, it won't kill you, but making a habit of it ist nicht gute!

I usually go by the 95% rule.

6 meals a day
7 days a week
42 meals

2 of those can be cheat meals but not completely out of hand, usually ties me over quite well.

Usually ends up with me just wanting a mars bar :( Tuna + Mars bar is actually an awesome combination

Right, had a much more successful night last night! managed my six circuits (although the last one was a little slapdash perhaps. i need to buckle down on that!). Lord knows what happened on monday but i was so angry about it that i was determined to finish last night. Lower back is hurting today ;) Back in the gym tomorrow night, hopefully will still be aching for some real punishment.

I usually go by the 95% rule.

6 meals a day
7 days a week
42 meals

2 of those can be cheat meals but not completely out of hand, usually ties me over quite well.

Usually ends up with me just wanting a mars bar :( Tuna + Mars bar is actually an awesome combination

That's a petty good guide actually. Stolen :)

The only problem i have regarding working out is my diet. I'll go a few weeks eating nothing but good food, then one day i'll get the thirst for it, and i'll go on a major binge. Think it's far better to just stick to two cheat meals, as you mentioned, probably a couple of snickers bars or chips and a burger etc.

Yea, just throwing in a random small cheat like a choccy bar is much better than going, eh bugger it; ending up ordering a takeaway with an extra 800 calories to what you'd usually have :D

That's a petty good guide actually. Stolen :)

The only problem i have regarding working out is my diet. I'll go a few weeks eating nothing but good food, then one day i'll get the thirst for it, and i'll go on a major binge. Think it's far better to just stick to two cheat meals, as you mentioned, probably a couple of snickers bars or chips and a burger etc.

Im a sucker for the binge, I'll eat fine all week. I train all week too. But once it gets to Saturday and Sunday my rest days. I may eat a chocolate bar thinking one won't hurt. But this just enrages the hunger monster, and I tend to just wake up in a pile of crisp packets, chocolate bars, cakes the lot.

Need to control my weekend rage hunger.

Doesn't the thigh mesaurement consist of the average of two? By this I mean I heard you measure the upper thigh just below the buttock, and then either the middle of the thigh or around the quads and work out the average measurement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom