Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye..injuries suck. Havent trained for three weeks and shoulder still majorly sore. Starting to feel more like joint damage now. Just made appointment too see sports physiotherapist on Tuesday morning. £30 for 1/2hr session:(

Bah thats expensive. Hope you get it sorted, hate not training.

Had a bit of a monster leg session on Thursday. Even though the volume was slightley less than normal, I seem to be feeling it a lot more.

My glutes are so sore it hurts to sit down! Lunge walked for the first time in about 2 months and felt them cramping also found that my quads were cramping on extensions, so I was unable to hold at the top of each rep!

Decided to throw in some deadlifts in the middle. Got a few new PB's too.

DL - 150KG 6 reps - up 1 rep from 5
160KG 5 reps - up 3 reps from 2
170KG 4 reps - up 3 reps from 1

finished with two single reps of 180KG :) Had a little audience too!

Have also swapped dumbells for cables for my raises on my shoulder day. lateral and side raises on cables are so much harder!

Nice DLs.... Best exercise ever! :D Getting close to that magic 200! I hate having an audience :o Especially when you're concentrating with 5 plates on each side, the last thing you want is onlookers imo.

Nice DLs.... Best exercise ever! :D Getting close to that magic 200! I hate having an audience :o Especially when you're concentrating with 5 plates on each side, the last thing you want is onlookers imo.

Thanks :) 200 is the aim! but its going to be very slow progress as I feel very near my peak already. But I will persist.

Yeah, I face a wall when I'm deadlifting, im not close to it, but theres no one infront or behind me, only to the side and they're not in my peripheral vision.

My training partner took some sneaky snaps of me strapping up and mid/top rep!

I haven't been to the gym now for 4 days now for various reasons. Its making me feel very skinny/weak/unfit etc, its strange. Does anybody else get like this?

Just thought i would posts this to get some other opinions.

Im currently on a bulk and weighing at about 18st 3lbs, but im not sure if I want to carry on bulking for another 3 months or so and then do a cut after that. My initial plan was to get to 19st and then cut from there, but my waist is creaping up and im unsyre if I should start a good cut at the end of the month.

So my options are.

Bulk for another 3 months and hopefully get to 19st then cut.
Or
Start a major cut at the end of the month get down to a hopeful 10-12% bf, and then bulk from my new base of less bf. (By major cut i mean lossing around 3st)

What do you recon? Only thing is im worried about looking small 3st lighter.

If this helps, current statistics are:

Arms - 17"
Legs - 28"
Waist 39"
Chest 48.5"
Calves - 17"

Not really that good, thats why im concerned about cutting so soon.

PHOTOS!

You sound like a beast mate, im sure if you posted some photos in the pics thread you would get some good advice from the more experienced lifters here reguarding cutting.

Im no beast mate and wont put photos up until i think i look good. At the moment i still just think im small. Just lack confidence with the way i look.

Fair enough, im just under 13 stone so 18st is big lol.

At that weight im guessing your tall?

Thats whats good about the net though, you get unbiased opinion, not your mates telling you what they think you want to hear.

I dont really have any good cutting advice as ive always been on the skinny side and even now when im bulking im not putting much fat on.

Where's the best place to buy Chicken breasts and the like? Looking to buy in bulk to save a bit, when I say bulk, I mean about 15-20 at a time or something (freezer isn't that big :p)

Figured with the diets you guys are on, you must have some places you go to save a few pennies

Where's the best place to buy Chicken breasts and the like? Looking to buy in bulk to save a bit, when I say bulk, I mean about 15-20 at a time or something (freezer isn't that big :p)

Figured with the diets you guys are on, you must have some places you go to save a few pennies

Get a good relationship with your local butcher, you should be able to get him down to a bit cheaper than the usual supermarket crap or if you know anyone with a bookers,costco, makro or any other cash and carry card go and have a shifty to see what deals theyve got going

I know Asda do relatively cheap chicken breasts - at the moment I get the Tesco Value which are £4/600g (4 breasts) , I usually get through 1.5 packs / day so I'd be interested in some other cheap options too as there is no Asda nearby :(

Thats exactly why I like it.
Are you still on cycle nitro?

No off now, been off for 3 weeks, still holding same weight with pct and maintaining my eating habits.
I dont really need advice on how to cut, ive got james over on mt doing my diets for me. Just want opinions on what i should do next cut or bulk? The next cycle I do will obviously based around which route im going down.

Fair enough, im just under 13 stone so 18st is big lol.

At that weight im guessing your tall?

Im 6ft so not to tall

No off now, been off for 3 weeks, still holding same weight with pct and maintaining my eating habits.
I dont really need advice on how to cut, ive got james over on mt doing my diets for me. Just want opinions on what i should do next cut or bulk? The next cycle I do will obviously based around which route im going down.

Im 6ft so not to tall

Whats the service like with the diets, is it worth the cost?
At the end of the day its very much up to you, do you mind putting on the extra bit of fat if it also means you pack on some extra muscle mass but obviously it'l mean you need to work a bit harder on the cut or would you rather stop now and be a bit smaller but cut up and leave you a better base to pack on some quality mass?
Personally I would cut as theres a fair chance you will actually look like your carrying more muscle if you cut up, plus it gives you a better base to build from

Last edited:
Whats the service like with the diets, is it worth the cost?
At the end of the day its very much up to you, do you mind putting on the extra bit of fat if it also means you pack on some extra muscle mass but obviously it'l mean you need to work a bit harder on the cut or would you rather stop now and be a bit smaller but cut up and leave you a better base to pack on some quality mass?
Personally I would cut as theres a fair chance you will actually look like your carrying more muscle if you cut up, plus it gives you a better base to build from

Really good, the prices range on the debth of service you want, I think its something like £30 for a review of your diet up to around £210 for a competition diet with daily modifications and phone/email support.

Thats what im thinking, if i look rippied there might be a good change that i may look bigger than i am now. If i lost 3st, 15st ripped may look quite impressive.

Really good, the prices range on the debth of service you want, I think its something like £30 for a review of your diet up to around £210 for a competition diet with daily modifications and phone/email support.

Thats what im thinking, if i look rippied there might be a good change that i may look bigger than i am now. If i lost 3st, 15st ripped may look quite impressive.

I'd say 15st ripped will look very good, then once your there you can decide which way you want to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom