Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Using bananas is cheating:mad::D.

15315789sn7.png

Associate
All i need now is to up my intake of Spinach tenfold and i'll be a superhuman in no time.

POPEYEEEEE Power!

Caporegime
Week two of my new routine, going ok so far I think...Still trying to work my pecs more when doing flys and bench press though :(

I'll have to see tomorrow how they feel I guess.

Soldato
Im enjoying training whilst I have no work feel fresher at times when I go in although sometimes I do lack energy maybe I should find something to help this.

I am getting a bit annoyed with shoulder presses been stuck on the 27kg db's for a while as another 2.5 is too much! Next week I think im down to sets of 5 so the 30's should be insight.

Soldato
Got a question:

How long do you guys wait before lifting after having just ate? I'll usually wait an hour and a half to two hours before doing any workout but I find this usually costs a lot of time, especially coming in at 6-7 after Uni or work.

I also hate eating before bed, so try to eat at least two hours beforehand.

Soldato
Got a question:

How long do you guys wait before lifting after having just ate? I'll usually wait an hour and a half to two hours before doing any workout but I find this usually costs a lot of time, especially coming in at 6-7 after Uni or work.

Tbh I'll wait until I have gone to the toilet before exercising.;)

Caporegime
Got a question:

That's understandable...I sometimes have lunch for example, then I'll literally mope around for a bit just so I can do my workout 2 hours later :p

A few people here have 'snacks' before they're workouts....So I dunno if that would be a way forward or not.

Caporegime
Tough session for me tonight and I finally think I reached my limit with sets of 10 unless I up my calories from maintenance or increase my rest times dramatically.

Squats
100K x 10
125K x 10
150K x 10 (Not easy)

Deadlifts
100K x 10
135K x 10
170K x 10

Calf Raises
No chance :o

In and out the gym in under 35 minutes.

Caporegime
How do you guys do thing's so quick? Do you even rest after each set?

I spend nearly 2 hours working out at home sometimes :p And I'm lifting puny weights.

What do you do to warm up / stretch Pigeon out of interest?

Caporegime
Usually only one set of 60 to 80 depending on how I'm feeling and when I'm lifting.

Did 60K x 5 today for squats and nothing for deadlifts because my squats had already warmed the necessary muscles for deadlifting.

So you didn't actually stretch specifically? Hm, I find I have to stretch my legs, just because they aren't very flexible anyway, especially my hamstrings.

Permabanned
i agree, stretching reduces lifting power. I dont stretch and i only warm up insofar as i start at about 80% of my target for a quick set. Never had a single twinge or injury (hurt my wrist once doing a hang clean when drunk, not the same!), touch wood, injury is more about diet than stretching and warm ups. Those are for endurance athletes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom