Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
That's really kind of you mate! :) I'll have to buy you a pint some time - shame you live a billion miles from me though :( Well not THAT far... but if you're up for the offer, then I'll take you up on it.

Yeah but not 15kg+ worth? I'm around 13 I reckon.

im prolly 105 lean im taller and prolly a touch bigger too

Permabanned
I really need to replace my hooks as with straps your grip can still go and that means game over for me!:(

I think some grip training would be in order then m8, your more a powerlifter than bodybuilder right? and no powerlifters or strongmen would use anything but straps even on 400kg deads

Soldato
My grips great to start with its just when I'm half way through my session the fingers start to separate which leaves me super frustrated! I think Freefaller said what I do is called static hangs, I do them with a 50kg plate with a dipping belt whilst hanging from a pull up bar for grip training.

Last edited:
Permabanned
oo those are mine, they arent crap really but i dont like em, seem strong though big thick straps good velcro strong metal. But still relies on the nylon and stitching holding the hooks in

Last edited:
Soldato
So basically they kill your wrists but do the job? I like to avoid using anything that aids grip, until I cant grip for ****!

Permabanned
It wasn't the stitching that went on mine it was the PLASTIC yes PLASTIC buckle that snapped lol.

haha no these are nylon strapped and the strap is looped where the hook attaches. You thread the end of the strap through the loop and velcro it the whole thing would have to fall apart for them to fail

oh yeah and they are neoprene padded so not too painful but then everything hurts when you go heavy!

Last edited:
Associate
In the process of throwing around my cutting diet at the moment and i'm kind of stuck on my PreWO meal. I want to have some desiccated coconut in there at 10g so thats already 60cals 0.6 protein 0.6 carbs 6g fat because i've read lots of good things about coconut before workouts. I have finished the rest of my plan and have around 100-125 cals spare ish before i hit my mark of 2,000. Not too worried about protein carb or fat content as they are all around where i want them.

What do you guys usually consume 30-1hour before your workouts?

Associate
Right well bugger :D I've got a banana post workout as its great to replenish carbs lost throughout the workout? Perhaps something like an apple (already have a Kiwi early morning ish)

Edit: Would dried fruit like apricots work out well? I know some of them are fried in vegetable oil before packaged but if i found a half decent make would i be able to get away with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom