Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Realised my problem with being stuck at 100kg squats...

have been having the bar a bit below my traps, tight against the top of my blades. This meant it was harder to go down low.

Tried it with it fully on my tensed traps and it is much easier to go down and up as I don't need to lean forward (didn't realise I was). Properly hurts the muscles at the time.. feels like my head's about to cave in :p

Anyway, managed
6x60kg
5x5 x100kg (used to do 2x5 and struggle, last week.)

SORTED! :p

my legs are pure pain right now..

Last edited:
George, right on top of your traps sounds odd as well tbh :p

watch people back squat, everyone leans forwards :)

Oh :o

I dunno. Maybe it's something about my body, but I found I had to use my back on the way up and thought i was probably using it too much.

Couldn't get as low either.

My bar position originally was like this:
http://www.crossfitendurance.com/up.../image/CF toronto back squat_6491-550x365.jpg

It's now more like this.
http://www.naturalphysiques.com/images/squat.jpg

Not sure if traps are the wrong muscle and I've said I've been putting the bar somewhere else :p

thats his life, he has to train with that level of dedication :p
top bodyuilders dont really make that much money, not when you look at how much time they spend doing it (every minute of everyday is geared towards the next comp).

Agreed, most of them still have to work, probably to pay for their huge steroid bill.

I've often wondered how Coleman is allowed to be in the police force with his obvious drug usage?

Wouldn't you like him by your side when trying to diffuse a situation? :D

I'm not sure on the USA, but here is it legal to take steroids, but illegal to sell.

Saying that, a police officer who was a competing bodybuilder was sacked after it got out he was using gear, although it was technically legal.

Agreed, most of them still have to work, probably to pay for their huge steroid bill.

I've often wondered how Coleman is allowed to be in the police force with his obvious drug usage?

Most tests are easy to pass. Only way to detect (for example) testosterone supplement is to have a history of readings, and to see spikes in levels. If you maintain a consistent level, your results are inconclusive as levels vary massively from person to person. GH is impossible to detect. Yes, we can all just look at him and 'know' but we can't prove, it would seem.

Oh :o

I dunno. Maybe it's something about my body, but I found I had to use my back on the way up and thought i was probably using it too much.

Couldn't get as low either.

My bar position originally was like this:
http://www.crossfitendurance.com/up.../image/CF toronto back squat_6491-550x365.jpg

It's now more like this.
http://www.naturalphysiques.com/images/squat.jpg

Not sure if traps are the wrong muscle and I've said I've been putting the bar somewhere else :p
You used to squat like a girl?

Sorry I couldn't resist :D

I know, I was adding to the point of top builders don't make much :)

In one of his videos Ronnie says the money he earns from being a police officer is nothing compared to his bodybuilding income, from sponsors etc, he just loves being a cop.

I dunno about their steroid bill but have you seen the price of GH? Some serious money going into it for sure.

In one of his videos Ronnie says the money he earns from being a police officer is nothing compared to his bodybuilding income, from sponsors etc, he just loves being a cop.

Yeah, the top .1% will make plenty in sponsorship, but the rest, not much at all.
It takes years of hard work just to get a pro card, then you can look at sponsorship but its a bear market given the amount of people doing it.
Winnings for comps arent that much, not when you take into account travel and accomodation etc.

Funny you guys are talking about this. I heard a guy in the gym today saying he had half his tub of weight gainer... TODAY haha. I was thinking sweet jesus how can he afford that? Also have to wonder how much of that goes down the toilet but this guy is a monster so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Basic question. I'm relatively new to weights and haven't got huge muscles. What's the best way for me to go about it?

At the moment I do 3 sets of 8 reps of the absolute max I can lift.
Would I be better increasing the weight over each set?

Cheers

Basic question. I'm relatively new to weights and haven't got huge muscles. What's the best way for me to go about it?

Cheers

Read the sticky, then ask questions ;):)

Cheers

As above, and give it time. You need to put in serious time and effort to get the results you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom