Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's that in mg's roughly?

Hah...30 Tonne barrier?

30 tonne volume, see my training for today, I breached 28T. :)

Each cap is 1000mg. So that's 6g per day. Plus any other oily fish I eat which per week is quite a bit.

I feel like a fool for not having been taking them already! What size capsules are you taking out of interest? And I assume any brand is as good as the next?

Edit: 1000mg seems to be the norm. About £10 for 360, which should get you 60 days at 6 capsules a day. Anywhere you'd recommend to buy from? Is 6 per day the dosage? or is it calculated by age, height, weight etc?

I don't know if there's a calculation for lean body mass etc... but I dose up until I feel it has a good effect on me. Between 6-10 is about right for me - you have to see how your body reacts.

Dude... that's a bit too much fish oil, even for you :p

LOL! :D I meant volume n00b :p

30 tonne volume, see my training for today, I breached 28T. :)

I presume your talking about weight lifted or something?

Each cap is 1000mg. So that's 6g per day. Plus any other oily fish I eat which per week is quite a bit.

Hm ok...I'm only taking one at the moment...Rather than going from none to 2 or 3 a day or something :p Let my body get used to them I suppose.

I'll up the dosage at some point.

Cheers for the reply :)

3 a day should be a decent amount it really does help make you feel a lot better too as it can have a positive effect on seratonin levels too.

Volume = number of reps x weight x number of sets. So altogether all sets reps and weight added up I pushed over 28T..

e.g. if I did 5 sets of 10 reps of 100kg, volume = 5 tonnes. :)

I presume your talking about weight lifted or something?

He means, for example, if he did a set of 10 reps on the bench press at 100kg then that would be 1tonne

Total volume lifted is a good way to work out how much 'work' was done in a session. 'Work' many think is a good estimation of progression in many athletes

Thanks you two, makes sense now.

Although I shan't be calculating mine yet, as I doubt I even get to quarter of a ton :p

I'll look into the dosage on the fish oil though...Do you guys go for a specific type of tablet at all? Omega 3/6/9...Or cod liver specifically.

Thanks you two, makes sense now.

Although I shan't be calculating mine yet, as I doubt I even get to quarter of a ton :p

I'll look into the dosage on the fish oil though...Do you guys go for a specific type of tablet at all? Omega 3/6/9...Or cod liver specifically.

Most people go for a straight fish oil cap as we get enough omega 6 and 9 in our diets and the vitamin A in cod liver oil can be toxic if consumed in the same high amounts some people consume of fish oil

Bit sore this morning from yesterdays squats. My lower backs aching too, I guess my form wasn't 100% correct.

Does (or did) anyone find it difficult to hold on to the bar during squats? I've found that it's stressful on the inner shoulder, where it meets the chest. I think this is down to my incredibly poor flexibility, will this get better over time?

Interestingly, looking at coopersguns.com it lists biceps as one of the supporting muscles worked during a squat?

Back session later....

Bit sore this morning from yesterdays squats. My lower backs aching too, I guess my form wasn't 100% correct.

Does (or did) anyone find it difficult to hold on to the bar during squats? I've found that it's stressful on the inner shoulder, where it meets the chest. I think this is down to my incredibly poor flexibility, will this get better over time?

Interestingly, looking at coopersguns.com it lists biceps as one of the supporting muscles worked during a squat?

Back session later....

Depends how you hold the bar / dumbell in all honesty.

If you rest it behind the neck / shoulders, then I doubt you'll use your biceps much if it's seated correctly.

Depends how you hold the bar / dumbell in all honesty.

If you rest it behind the neck / shoulders, then I doubt you'll use your biceps much if it's seated correctly.

It's listed as a supporting muscle on coopersguns.com, I didn't feel the use of the bicep when I did it (except when re-adjusting the bar), I thought I'd just mention it.

My main concern was the stretch felt at the chest / shoulder and if that eases with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom