Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found when doing squats if I have my arm in a bit of a funny position it's quite uncomfortable with pressure on my shoulder but I just put it down to the crap state there in and the large amount of dislocations I've had

Omega 3, and look for high content of EPA & DHA. Excessive amount of Vit A is toxic which is why pregnant women shouldn't eat liver. Taking the quantities of fish oil that are beneficial it would push the vit a to an excessive amount.

yep those are the ones, as I've mentioned a lot lately they give the best EPA + DHA to £ ratio even compaired to the big bottles of liquid

I'll probably order these next time...I got my last ones from myprotein as i was ordering from there anyway, they're apparently 18% EPa and 12% DHA.

Still, better than nothing.

yep those are the ones, as I've mentioned a lot lately they give the best EPA + DHA to £ ratio even compaired to the big bottles of liquid

Thanks. Would you suggest I ease myself onto them slowly? I know theyre not exactly what i'd call a 'hard' suppliment, but I dont want to shock my body!

I'll probably order these next time...I got my last ones from myprotein as i was ordering from there anyway, they're apparently 18% EPa and 12% DHA.

Still, better than nothing.

Most definately its just when it comes to taking large amounts the high strength decently priced ones come into their own

Thanks. Would you suggest I ease myself onto them slowly? I know theyre not exactly what i'd call a 'hard' suppliment, but I dont want to shock my body!

I went straight in with 10 a day but I know this can cause funny stomachs for some people so I'd recommend spliting your dose throughout the day and taking with food which also helps minimise the fishy burps when you first start taking them

I went straight in with 10 a day but I know this can cause funny stomachs for some people so I'd recommend spliting your dose throughout the day and taking with food which also helps minimise the fishy burps when you first start taking them

Thanks. Ill try one with Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for a week and then go upwards from there. My flatmates are going to love me with fishy burps!

God it was awful last night. I was exhausted after work and the desire to go straight home was nearly overwhelming, but I dug deep and got to the gym, yawning away! I thought it would be empty as it was miserable outside and all the loser January bicep boys wouldn't dare go to the gym in that kind of weather, but oh how wrong I was!

I arrived and the whole place was teeming. All the cardio machines were taken (not that that bothers me :)) but the weights area was like a mosh pit. Thankfully though the squat rack was free (i.e. there wasn't some fool using it for shoulder presses) so I got changed and jumped straight on it.

Even though I felt drained before I'd even done one rep, I managed to do 5 sets of 8-10 at body weight (65kg, which is a pb for me) and then the rest of my usual legs/shoulders routine without too much hassle from the january crowd. Felt pumped at the end and slept very well that night!

Moral of the story, even when you feel weak and exhausted you can dig deep and achieve good things!

I was reading a transformation article on T-Nation the other day and the guy recommended on a fatloss diet his clients take anywhere from 30-40 caps of Omega 3 a DAY.

I'll try and dig it out of my history. Ah here it is

"When in a rapid fat loss phase, most of my clients will ingest at least 15g of fish oil, sometimes up to 30-40g. I personally use 30g per day. I like to use one or two servings of Flameout per day and I make up the rest with a good blend of fish oil."

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...g_performance/refined_physique_transformation

I've found that out with my chest today...I can't for the life of me use my chest muscles more when performing dumbell flys and bench press :(

Yeah I had that for a while as well. I found chest to be a difficult one to hit hard as the arms seem to play a very large part in the exercises. I had to change my chest routine to incline DB press followed by incline DB flies and found that that really hit the spot! 5 sets on each 8-10 reps. Follow it up with some heavy press machine work and you should definitely come out feeling it the next day.

Yeah I had that for a while as well. I found chest to be a difficult one to hit hard as the arms seem to play a very large part in the exercises. I had to change my chest routine to incline DB press followed by incline DB flies and found that that really hit the spot! 5 sets on each 8-10 reps. Follow it up with some heavy press machine work and you should definitely come out feeling it the next day.

Hm...Sadly I only have dumb bells at home at the moment...So no machines I'm afraid :(

Sadly my DB shoulder presses are on a different day to my chest now...As it was recommended on here.

Hm...Sadly I only have dumb bells at home at the moment...So no machines I'm afraid :(

Not to worry, the machines are only to follow up the core free weight work. It should still hit your chest hard without.

Sadly my DB shoulder presses are on a different day to my chest now...As it was recommended on here.

Oh no I was referring to chest not shoulders. Incline DB bench press followed by incline flies. Take a nice medium pace for each rep so you're not throwing the weights up and down, don't pause or lock your arms at the top range of motion and keep those pecs squeezed tight throughout!

Not to worry, the machines are only to follow up the core free weight work. It should still hit your chest hard without.

Oh no I was referring to chest not shoulders. Incline DB bench press followed by incline flies. Take a nice medium pace for each rep so you're not throwing the weights up and down, don't pause or lock your arms at the top range of motion and keep those pecs squeezed tight throughout!

Ah ok, sorry I read that as shoulder press for some reason :p

Currently I'll do DB flys followed DB bench press...I need to look at some videos and actually study how to do flys properly, as almost every time i've seen videos on them they look exactly like benchpress just with your hands facing the other way!

I'll figure it out soon hopefully...It probably is something as simple as I'm not 'trying' to tense the muscles there or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom