Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently I'll do DB flys followed DB bench press...I need to look at some videos and actually study how to do flys properly, as almost every time i've seen videos on them they look exactly like benchpress just with your hands facing the other way!

I'll figure it out soon hopefully...It probably is something as simple as I'm not 'trying' to tense the muscles there or something.

Yeah could be, I find that it does take a while before exercises 'lock in'. One tip would be to visualise in your mind the muscles you are targetting tensing as you do the rep. The fly should feel very different to the press, personally I find the fly hits much more as it really squeezes the pec when done right.

This vid is pretty good for checking proper form:

And of course :) :

Arnie is such a legend.

I'll also never forget that video where he says something along the lines of I'm commmmming in the gym, i'm commming at home, i'm commmming everywhere! I was in stitches for ages.

Yeah could be, I find that it does take a while before exercises 'lock in'. One tip would be to visualise in your mind the muscles you are targetting tensing as you do the rep. The fly should feel very different to the press, personally I find the fly hits much more as it really squeezes the pec when done right.

This vid is pretty good for checking proper form:

Anyone have a link to that website that has loads of different exercises and has little gif images as well demonstrating how they are done?

not being a forum nazi or anything m8 but its against the rules offering these links to pirate movies, im no saint and all that but you could land FF in hot water if another don wanders in and sees posts like this.

True, less talk of it as we don't want this thread closing =/

I'll have a scout around and see how cheap I can bag it for.

To change the subject then

I did my HIIT this afternoon, was running around the park like a mad man, this little staffie was out on his walk and was following me around the park with a massive stick in his mouth, probs around 3 times the size of him length wise. He got a better workout than me! Must remember to carry a massive stick with me next time. The owners didn't seem to care either that the dog was following me. After i stopped for a rest before the jog home they called him away and that was that!

Does (or did) anyone find it difficult to hold on to the bar during squats? I've found that it's stressful on the inner shoulder, where it meets the chest. I think this is down to my incredibly poor flexibility, will this get better over time?

I also occasionally get some shoulder pain when squatting.

I guess its because your hands/arms are put into an unnatural position whilst holding onto the bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom