*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Associate
Ahh okay thanks :)

Looking forward to seeing what Apple have to say - I will be bitterly disappointed if they use the ol' "You're holding it wrong" excuse :p

Me too.

I was actually quite surprised that Steve Jobs said that in his email. Its almost like he didn't think of it as an issue but more like a quirk of the phone (like not being able to change new email tones etc.)

Soldato
LMAO at sky news reporting

sky said:
Critics say Apple has created a public relations headache for itself by appearing to dismiss or ignore the problem, allowing a minor issue to be turned into headline news.

In my opinion a phone that cannot be used as a phone due to lack of signal is not a "minor issue"

Soldato
iOS 4.01 To Be Released Today?

Hey all,

MacRumors.com said:
iPhoneHellas.gr claims that iOS 4.0.1 will be released today. They cite a "reliable" source for the information. The site, itself, has been proven to be reliable in the past with this kind of information. They previously pinpointed the exact release date of iPhone OS 2.2 over a week in advance.

iOS 4.0.1 would presumably include only bug fixes as well as the new signal strength indicators for the iPhone. The timing of the release the day before Apple's press conference is somewhat curious.

Source

Thoughts?

It would make sense with the meeting being tomorrow I guess...

Marky

Soldato
Probably be tomorrow if anything after the press conference. Apple come out, explain the update, incase people are confused that's its magically going to fix the phone, then release the update.

Soldato
LMAO at sky news reporting

In my opinion a phone that cannot be used as a phone due to lack of signal is not a "minor issue"

However it is not one that I would put off my upgrade on.

I've replicated this issue with the in store phones however seeing as I rarely 'death grip' my phones it wouldn't be an issue.

Either way I'd be glad to buy your i4 off you and put a case on it.

Soldato
They are not doing a recall. Nothing is wrong with the product. Every single phone can lose signal when you cover the atenna with your hands.

People who moan about are pretty 'pathetic'. Just don't cover the atenna. It will only happen if you press hard onto that part of the iPhone, when you are holding the phone there is ZERO issue, people are just making it out to be a big issue to try to 'hurt' Apple reputation.

Soldato
They are not doing a recall. Nothing is wrong with the product. Every single phone can lose signal when you cover the atenna with your hands.

People who moan about are pretty 'pathetic'. Just don't cover the atenna. It will only happen if you press hard onto that part of the iPhone, when you are holding the phone there is ZERO issue, people are just making it out to be a big issue to try to 'hurt' Apple reputation.

Its more the positioning of that bridge between the antenna frame and the bluetooth/wireless frame. I think if it was positioned in either the top left or right there wouldn't be a problem, and quite possibly would have never been found out. But since its down in a corner that sits firmly inside the palm of your hand, its an issue.

I've tried "smothering" my Nokia 6120c with both my hands (its a pretty small phone, was the worlds smallest smartphone at one point) and it doesn't change the signal at all. No idea where the antenna is located in the phone though, so it could just be me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its more the positioning of that bridge between the antenna frame and the bluetooth/wireless frame. I think if it was positioned in either the top left or right there wouldn't be a problem, and quite possibly would have never been found out. But since its down in a corner that sits firmly inside the palm of your hand, its an issue.

They can't have it in the top left or right, but I do wonder why its not at the bottom of the phone the same way there's a bridge at the top. Then its out of the way of left or right handed users.

Back
Top Bottom