*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
Nothing is wrong with the product.

People who moan about are pretty 'pathetic'. Just don't cover the atenna. It will only happen if you press hard onto that part of the iPhone, when you are holding the phone there is ZERO issue, people are just making it out to be a big issue to try to 'hurt' Apple reputation.

You better tell Apple's media and PR department that there is nothing wrong with the iPhone4 as they have said there is a issue with the antenna and that bumpers would fix the issue.

People slate Sony and MS when they consoles go wrong and a big fuss is made of it but when Apple make a hickup its a different story which is astonishing as the iphone4 costs twice as much as a PS3 or an X-Box!

facepalm

Caporegime
I wish people would stop spouting this "death/ gorilla grip" bs like it's the sole reason it drops signal. I can simply rest the phone on my left hand while browsing online and still the signal will drop as my skin on my palm is still bridging the antennas.

Soldato
They are not doing a recall. Nothing is wrong with the product. Every single phone can lose signal when you cover the atenna with your hands.

People who moan about are pretty 'pathetic'. Just don't cover the atenna. It will only happen if you press hard onto that part of the iPhone, when you are holding the phone there is ZERO issue, people are just making it out to be a big issue to try to 'hurt' Apple reputation.

Hmm all I have to do is hold my phone lightly and I lose signal completly...and you try to tell me nothing is wrong! :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
4.0.1 is out

Indeed!

Linkage - http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/15/ios-4-0-1-hitting-iphones-right-this-second/

Well it's not the full 4.1 we were expecting... but here's a little tidbit from Apple. One of the main features? The update "Improves the formula to determine how many bars of signal strength to display." Interesting.

Lets see if I can get it :p

Edit: Says mine is the current version still, I assume we have to wait a bit! (Works now)

Last edited:
Soldato
I honestly dont care, mine been brilliant reception wise so far, much much better that my home cordless in fact!

I think im just over saturated and bored from reading and hearing about it.

Man of Honour
mine only took 10 mins from start to finish

Heh, well that of course depends entirely on your internet connection :p

Right, I've installed the update.

I have quite a poor signal in my house due to where it is, its the same with any phone.

However, the iPhone now displays 1-2 bars, and no matter how I hold it, I cannot get it to drop under 1 bar (I could do that relatively easily before).

Previously it displayed 4-5 bars which I thought was a bit suspect and they soon dropped to 1 bar when I held it various funny ways.

So I'm quite pleased about that all in all :D

Back
Top Bottom