*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
I really can't believe what they are saying, trying to justify it is unbelievable.
It isn't a problem with ALL smart phones as the 3G and 3GS had nowhere near the signal problems of the 4.

Soldato
Is it me or did they get that comparison table back to front?

iphone-reception-pc-0858-rm-eng.jpg

Min bars 5 - Max bars 1

Erm shouldn't that be the other way round?!?

Soldato
0.5% have officially complained to apple care

^ lol looks like

Now comparing call drop figures to 3gs,

4 drops less than 1 call per 100 compared to 3gs ie <1%

Steve says this is because 80% of people have a case for their 3gs

Steve "When our engineers and scientists look at this data.. it's very hard to escape the conculsion that there is a problem, but htat problem is affecting a very small percentage of users"

Last edited:
Soldato
So basically Jobs is trying to fob everyone off saying every other phone does it. Pretty sure that's not gonna make people go "Oh I guess it's ok then!"

Soldato
Jobs's is saying the number of people returning the Iphone is low compared to the 3GS. I think most people were waiting to see if there was a fix before deciding to return it or not.

Soldato
So basically Jobs is trying to fob everyone off saying every other phone does it. Pretty sure that's not gonna make people go "Oh I guess it's ok then!"

They *do* all do it, to varying degrees, my 3GS does it, my k750i did it.

It's physics, it happens. You design to avoid it.

Sadly because this antenna is SO exposed it drops more than most phones, but when your not death gripping it, it has the BEST signal strength.

I'd rather have the i4 antenna over the 3GS antenna!

Man of Honour
I can't believe he is now blaming it on people not buying cases for their iPhone 4 when they had a case on their 3GS.

Indeed.

This is just silly from Apple, there is no defence for this.

There is a clear problem with the iPhone, and they are just fobbing everyone off. :p

Back
Top Bottom