*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Caporegime
Have you been to a store at launch day?

I have. 80% correlates pretty well with what I saw (20-30 people, most with cases) and I only know of one person out of 20-30 has a 'naked' iPhone.

Doesn't remove the fact that the external antenna is more susceptible but can't blame apple for spreading lies when this one roughly correlates to be true!
Though if you think about it when the 3GS came out there was an established product line of compatible cases since it had the same form as the 3G - the same just wasnt there for the iPhone 4 launch.

How else would you arrive at those figures considering there were like a handful of cases amongst the Apple bumper - more coincidence than anything IMHO

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Ironic thing is, within 30 days a uncased iPhone will most probably have damaged on it and thus you can't return it.

Three options to you now i4 users:

1. Suck it up, hold it differently, live with it.
2. Get the free bumper/case, fixes the 'issue', everyone is happy.
3. Return it if your lucky, or sell it for a loss.

If anyone chooses number 3, please drop me a line, I wouldn't mind a cheap i4 :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Everyone with a iPhone 4 will get a free case, but once they go out of stock, they will offer 3rd party cases as an alternative! Ill have a proper case please!!

Soldato
I can't believe that. Steve's seen the Anandtech data. He knows that it shows clear as day that holding the iPhone 4 causes greater signal attenuation than on a Nexus One or a 3GS.

Soldato
So if we can claim back £25 I guess we will need to show our reciept at the apple store we got it from! For me is 50 miles away and I don't have the reciept anymore either

Soldato
Free case until Sept 30. So what happens after Sept 30? Are they changing the manufacturing process?

I don't understand that either.

They are now admitting there is a signal issue which they have called this Press Conference for and highlighting that a case/bumper fixes it, which they are prepared to give away for free. Then surely it will effect every iPhone 4 they ever make, so why would this only be for free until the 30th?

I really hope somebody asks that now in the Q&A... though some idiot has already asked Steve how he is doing... get to the point please! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom