*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Caporegime
you telling me everyone that bought one within the past 3 weeks would have kept the reciept
Ive got my online :p - bet most will for some reason all the other - just stop getting your knickers in the twist and chill. As someone else has said theres always an audit trail unless you paid in cash...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
So a pretty vague answer on the 30th date.

Presumably also it may have something to do with 3rd party agreements, as they are bound to annoy them all if a case comes free, not to mention it won't fit 3rd party accessories with a standard bumper.

Also on the redesign of the signal strength algorithm in 4.01 that I've just put on my 3G, it varies wildly now.

I'm in London and usually have a five bar signal, dropping to about four indoors and only dropping below that if I cover it. Now though indoors it remains at about three, if I even obstruct it slightly it drops to just one. There are phone transmitters only a few hundred meters away, not to mention numerous other ones on the horizon. I'm on a balcony quite high up with a clear line of sight and the only way I get the full bars now is by pointing it directly at the BT Tower.

It will be interesting to see what happens now in an area with poor signal cover, such as where my parents live where I tend to get one bar or no service.

Soldato
Well considering only a few free ones went out via customer support etc maybe they well refund any Apple bumpers in store. Suppose it will be hard to tell if its stolen or not :p

Soldato
you telling me everyone that bought one within the past 3 weeks would have kept the reciept

Not everyone, but if you aren't in the habit of it now, I recommend you start keeping receipts, especially when it comes to any item you might need to return or warranty. Just find something to put them in and clear them out every year or so.

Soldato
Ive got my online :p - bet most will for some reason all the other - just stop getting your knickers in the twist and chill. As someone else has said theres always an audit trail unless you paid in cash...

wish i had

Did you pay by card? If so a bank statement would be sufficient.

the only time i have bought anything for months cash and this was the time lol

When you bought it at the apple store did they not email you a copy of the receipt as well?

nope :(

Soldato
Not everyone, but if you aren't in the habit of it now, I recommend you start keeping receipts, especially when it comes to any item you might need to return or warranty. Just find something to put them in and clear them out every year or so.

i do keep all my business reciepts (due to running my own business) and i buy everything online so always have the email. but this one time i bought something cash in a store happens to be when i need the reciept lol

Soldato
Good enough answer for me, I wont be buying one now. They've admitted there's a basic design flaw with the phone and feel bad enough about it that're they're giving out free cases. If it was really just a case of "all other phones do it including the 3GS" then they wouldnt be doing this.

Caporegime
Stinky - What do you want us to do here ?!?!. give you the £25 back ourselves !!!
Speak to Apple ;)
LOL I was just thinking Id be more worried about my £500+ phone and the issues its purported to be having, than about a receipt for a £25 item...
Good enough answer for me, I wont be buying one now. They've admitted there's a basic design flaw with the phone and feel bad enough about it that're they're giving out free cases. If it was really just a case of "all other phones do it including the 3GS" then they wouldnt be doing this.
Wonder how effective that will be using the SoGA - its effectively inherently faulty since point of sale...

Last edited:
Caporegime
This Q and A is going from bad to worse, with Steve/Apple just looking increasingly dismissive/arrogant, having completely skipped over the key issues with the problems beforehand.

Soldato
LOL I was just thinking Id be more worried about my £500+ phone and the issues its purported to be having, than about a receipt for a £25 item...

see it doesnt bother me with this apparent issue as ive never had a problem with my signal going or anything, i bought the bumper for protecting only a week or so back.

Back
Top Bottom