*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
They are now admitting there is a signal issue which they have called this Press Conference for and highlighting that a case/bumper fixes it, which they are prepared to give away for free.

Essentially what they have said is 'the iPhone 4 has the same signal problem as every other smartphone. However, unlike the other smartphone manufacturers, we're giving out free cases because we love our users so much!'

Smoke and mirrors. If there are hardware changes, they'll be introduced very, very quietly.

The worst part of it is that I still really want one.

Soldato
Q: I can't get my Bold to drop right now, maybe you can show me how to do it?
Steve: You may not see it in certain areas.

What a cop out answer.

Well no, if its a very, very good signal area then nothing will happen...

For example at home my 3GS shows full signal but when I touch it, it drops one but if I go outside, hey presto, nothing happesn!

Im keeping my iphone 4 and taking it in after 30th Sept for 'antenna' issues to have it swapped out for a proper one!!

Nothing will change, the external coating may change, but otherwise I suspect not.

Soldato
I'm guessing by 30th of Sept there is going to be some form of change, a slight coat over the antenna to help with signal or maybe even as dramatic as moving it to the top of the device.

Soldato
You own the proper one. After the 30th there isn't going to be a different iPhone.

Not a noticeably different one from the outside, some people even think the White Ip4 coming 30th July will have a built in insulator! Apple isn't going to tell anyone of any hardware changes as it doesn't want to swap out 3M ip4s!

Caporegime
I don't understand that either.

They are now admitting there is a signal issue which they have called this Press Conference for and highlighting that a case/bumper fixes it, which they are prepared to give away for free. Then surely it will effect every iPhone 4 they ever make, so why would this only be for free until the 30th?

I really hope somebody asks that now in the Q&A... though some idiot has already asked Steve how he is doing... get to the point please! :mad:
Why arent they asking :confused::mad: - ******* dumb americans

ps3ud0 :cool:

Permabanned
Well no, if its a very, very good signal area then nothing will happen...

For example at home my 3GS shows full signal but when I touch it, it drops one but if I go outside, hey presto, nothing happesn!

I work for a telco and we have a cell on the roof of our building, and I can still get the iPhone 4 to drop signal dramatically. My 3GS is fine.

Associate
Another question is IF the design is changed post Sept 30th and you claim your free case, would it forfeit your ability to exchange your handset on the basis of antenna problems?

I have a 32Gb iPhone bought from Apple and I can replicate the issue if I try but during normal usage in either hand it works fine and I don't go out of my way to hold it differently.

Soldato
Essentially what they have said is 'the iPhone 4 has the same signal problem as every other smartphone. However, unlike the other smartphone manufacturers, we're giving out free cases because we love our users so much!'

Smoke and mirrors. If there are hardware changes, they'll be introduced very, very quietly.

The worst part of it is that I still really want one.

Yeah, the issue I see now is because they aren't telling us that any kind of actual hardware fix is coming... are they slyly going to make a subtle change and release it in the near future?

The other factor really is that maybe they will just launch the iPhone 5 sooner than they intended, next year perhaps with a redesigned antenna.

Soldato
I work for a telco and we have a cell on the roof of our building, and I can still get the iPhone 4 to drop signal dramatically. My 3GS is fine.
Like Steve said - On the 4 you know where to touch it to drop the signal. On other phones you don't.

Soldato
Just a thought.. SJ said you could take the phone back within 30 days for a full refund? Is that for those that bought the sim free from Apple?

What about all the iPhone 4 owners on two year pay monthly contracts?

Back
Top Bottom