*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
Does any body know of a set of images that show all the different coloured iPhone bumpers on the black iPhone? The official site only shows them on the white iPhone. :(

Man of Honour
Well, Apple have just pulled one of the biggest 'fob-off' press conferences I have ever seen.

I like the iPhone, I dont have any direct issue with the antenna problem but that does nothing to change the fact that it is there, it is PROVEN to be more potent of an issue than on other phones.

Apple have just skirted around everything, if they were 100% confident there was nothing wrong with the antenna, they would most certainly not be giving out free cases.

I highly doubt they would do that to 'keep everyone happy' when less than 0.5% of people have reported issues directly to them? Laughable.

Soldato
Well, Apple have just pulled one of the biggest 'fob-off' press conferences I have ever seen.

I like the iPhone, I dont have any direct issue with the antenna problem but that does nothing to change the fact that it is there, it is PROVEN to be more potent of an issue than on other phones.

Apple have just skirted around everything, if they were 100% confident there was nothing wrong with the antenna, they would most certainly not be giving out free cases.

I highly doubt they would do that to 'keep everyone happy' when less than 0.5% of people have reported issues directly to them? Laughable.

I doubt they're doing it to keep everyone happy, although that's probably part of it. But the main reason is to stop this media outrage that its caused. The media seem to care more than the 3 million users.

They've clarified their position now and people can either accept it or take the phone back. Simple as that really.

Man of Honour
I doubt they're doing it to keep everyone happy, although that's probably part of it. But the main reason is to stop this media outrage that its caused. The media seem to care more than the 3 million users.

They've clarified their position now and people can either accept it or take the phone back. Simple as that really.

Indeed, and their position is not a good one.

Google and HTC must be having a good laugh at this :p

Caporegime
Indeed, and their position is not a good one.

Google and HTC must be having a good laugh at this :p
Not really - the impact will be in the sales and I havent seen a rush of iPhone 4 users returning their phones.

Apple covered their share price, gave some comfort to their investors today and used the media as scapegoats - I just honestly dont think this will have a dramatic effect on how many they sell - which is a good thing as those free bumpers cost money :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Maybe, but I guess the low return rates and high sales volumes mean Apple laugh the loudest ;)

Hows that Evo4 doing in the US, ya know...the one with god awful battery life and the touch screens that are failing and the screens are coming apart from the plastic case...yet...not the same outrage caused....

odddd....i dont need a free case, my phone works fine...the 2 other people I know with a IP4 are very happy.

It was sang right at the very start...either take it back....or dont buy one...but ultimalty.....please big web based media...shut the f up about it!

If we, the paying consumer are not happy about this...trust us when we know apple will suffer with a huge loss in sales.

Back
Top Bottom