*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Associate
Cutting a Vodafone sim, please help !

Has anyone cut a vodafone sim and put it into a iPhone 4 ? I've done it on orange, and it works fine.

I heard off someone that vodafone sims are locked to iPhone and you cannot cut a normal sim. I think this is balls, but would just like to ask the question.

I've cut my non iPhone contract orange sim and I'm using this in the iPhone 4 and it works fine, just need to know if its the same for Vodafone ?

Soldato
Lets face it, Apple are VERY clever in the way they sell things.

Take the iPhone 4 for an example.

To cover up it's flaws they make out all smart phones have this issue.

So how has this helped them? Well you can bet next you you will see.

"The iPhone 5 is the only smart phone that does not loose signal when you hold it"

Now i don't like iPhones because it's just a menu screen and that bored me with my 3G, but Apple are fantastic at advertising, and could probably sell poo with an apple logo on it.

Just a shame google don't bother with android in this way

Associate
In case anybody's unaware, here's some info I gleaned from visiting various shops today...

The 30-day money back guarantee only applies if you bought an unlocked iPhone from Apple. Obviously if you've taken out a separate contract elsewhere to go with it, you have to sort that yourself.

If you registered with a carrier via Apple, you only have 14 days to get a refund and to get out of the contract. Many people will have already passed that deadline. You can still return the phone within 30 days but there's not much point as you'd still be stuck in the contract.

Most surprisingly, if you bought the iPhone on contract direct from Orange, there is no refund option - not 30 days, not even 14 days. Nothing. Similar comment from Vodafone - they said you have to take it up with Apple.

So much for "if ya don't want it, take it back".

Regards,
Mark.

Soldato
o2 are going to release more information on their return policy next week.

And I don't think you can blame Apple because of Orange refusing to offer any refund period. They did it with the 3GS and the iPhone 4 so its nothing new.

Man of Honour
o2 are going to release more information on their return policy next week.

And I don't think you can blame Apple because of Orange refusing to offer any refund period. They did it with the 3GS and the iPhone 4 so its nothing new.

People could just argue its not fit for purpose. There's plenty of evidence to back up the clear problems that the phone has, you might get somewhere.

But indeed, so much for the people with the 'if you dont like it, suck it up' attitude, that is clearly incorrect in some cases.

Associate
I don't think you can blame Apple because of Orange refusing to offer any refund period.
I didn't blame Apple. Indeed, I specifically pointed out that Apple offer a better policy on an Orange contract than Orange do.

I'm just letting people know that you can't rely on the "return it within 30 days" that we hear so much about.

Regards,
Mark.

Caporegime
I intend to return mine to Tesco at the first opportunity, then probably get the revised version (mine suffers when using it for the internet & holding it with my left hand)

Caporegime
I didn't blame Apple. Indeed, I specifically pointed out that Apple offer a better policy on an Orange contract than Orange do.

I'm just letting people know that you can't rely on the "return it within 30 days" that we hear so much about.

Regards,
Mark.
I think its a given that Apple can only qualify that statement with items bought directly from them as the retailer and its the end users own fault if they perceive that any other way...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
Sorry if this has been covered, but when,where and how do we register for our free bumper/case?

I probably wont use it, but we all want something for free:)

Soldato
Sorry if this has been covered, but when,where and how do we register for our free bumper/case?

I probably wont use it, but we all want something for free:)

Apple will put a page up on their site during the week so you can order one. Keep checking Apple.com :)

Soldato
Must say holding the bottom left corner is properly annoying, especially when playing games I hold it when my left hand and in a low reception are I then lose reception and people sometimes can't ring or the txts come through late.

As for good points, the screen is fantastic, so clear and crisp. Text messages and photo messages seem to go through a lot quicker as well. Also Facetime is pretty cool as well, just video calling I suppose but first time I've done it and quite liked it. Camera seems to be decent as well but still ropey in low light areas.

On the whole quite impressed with the phone

Associate
There is no revised edition. Your just in an area of average to weak signal strength.
Really? I can't believe Apple aren't going to sneak a hardware revision in under the radar at some point. If they don't and keep producing the exact same hardware we have at the moment, I reckon the iPhone 5 is a fair bit closer than it was a few weeks back.
Honestly, why would anyone buy one now? "Wow, is that the iPhone 4? Can I have a look?" "Yeah, here you are. No, wait, hold it here and here..."
Brilliant...

Back
Top Bottom